DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
But the majority is shrinking, 6 million left Traditional Service in 2020 ( from your link) and 5 million so far in 2021, that number just in the last 2 years is more then subscribers to OTT Live Service-8 million.

Why do they need a and?

Then I would guess that DirecTV is a idiot since they have been losing $600 million a year on NFLST for the last few years, that is why there has not been one News Story that DirecTV is trying to keep it.

I want NFLST ( and will get it once it is available via the internet) but do not want DirecTV, I have 11 TVs, to pay Box Fees/DVR on all those would add about $80 a month to the monthly bill, that is wasted money to me.

I have said it before, I would rather have a Traditional service like Dish or DirecTV, if they can figure out how I can get service on TVs that do not get much use ( guest rooms for example) without charging me a box charge, I would jump, Comcast, Charter and YTTV all do it.
Well in my opinion, if you have 8 TVs Id say that $80 really isnt that much is it?...

Last edited:
I just love how you justify spending my money.
No I gave you my opinion....I have a 3 bed 2 bath home If I put a tv in every room (including bathrooms) Id get 6..... Its your justifying, what makes me scratch my head....

Deleted

Last edited:
Wow, yeah that is. That’s why I’ve been using Harmony remotes for almost 20 years now, never had any issues with them.
Yup, when I got enough devices that I needed a bunch of remotes, I too went to the single remote that would do it all for me as well.
We all have our preferences ...
I use a URC MX 890 ...
I had my choice of many available, they all did what I needed, but the 890 seemed to fit my hand better than most of the others.

Same here. Hopefully they will maintain that server for many years to come.

Hopefully.

More investors are picking Apple for NFLST, which, unfortunately, shows I was correct, the NFL will follow the money vs more people watching and growing their fanbase.

While Apple TV has more subs (20 million) then DirecTV ( roughly 13 million sat subs), Amazon Prime still has the most potential with 150 million subs and the ability to handle bars/restaurants subs with Amazon Business.

If Apple does get it, DirecTV might ( if they want it) handle business customers, but that depends on costs of course, will AT&T pay the price the NFL would want.

I hope not i don't have apple stuff. They won't offer discounts and I don't want to buy expensive apple TV things I have a bad ISP so streaming things no good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I hope not i don't have apple stuff. They won't offer discounts and I don't want to buy expensive apple TV things I have a bad ISP so streaming things no good.

You can get Apple TV on a Roku, Fire and most Google TV devices/interface.

I do not know on apps via certain TVs, like LG or Samsung for example.

More investors are picking Apple for NFLST, which, unfortunately, shows I was correct, the NFL will follow the money vs more people watching and growing their fanbase.

While Apple TV has more subs (20 million) then DirecTV ( roughly 13 million sat subs), Amazon Prime still has the most potential with 150 million subs and the ability to handle bars/restaurants subs with Amazon Business.

If Apple does get it, DirecTV might ( if they want it) handle business customers, but that depends on costs of course, will AT&T pay the price the NFL would want.

Correct?
There is no announcement

Just think about it ... apple Phones and pads cost >500 . Apple TV things are like 200 +

What would they charge for NFL ST 700 ??

Reactions: navychop and AZ.
That would kill the NFL as we know it
Did you not post that ratings were going downward because of all the social justice issues, guess what, 10% up for the year.

Reactions: meStevo and AZ.
Just think about it ... apple Phones and pads cost >500 . Apple TV things are like 200 +

What would they charge for NFL ST 700 ??

And you need neither of those to watch Apple Tv+

Status
Please reply by conversation.