DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Speaking for me personally, I dont have a team in particular I follow. I follow players. So the players I want to follow may not be on my local channels for free.
If you gamble on football..but $300 is a lot of clams for a regular fan just to watch more teams

Reactions: AZ.
People do move to different states, I am a example of that.

The other point, right now you have to have DirecTV to get NFLST, at a cost of $2735.70 ( average monthly cost of roughly $114) just for DirecTV ( then the cost of ST unless you get it for free) over two years, then you would get the local games and the out of town games.

Or use a antenna to get the local game plus $300, lot cheaper that way, average monthly costs of $25.00 over a year.

Or a different TV service, like YTTV, average monthly costs over a year, $90 with ST.

That is the benefit of NFLST going to streaming, opened up to everyone and will save subscribers money.
Fell out of my chair on that one

If you gamble on football..but $300 is a lot of clams for a regular fan just to watch more teams
I don’t gamble on them, and I saved more than $300 a year since I dropped sat.

So if it goes streaming, and if it’s at that price, I’d be money ahead as a regular fan vs paying for it with Directv.

So if it goes streaming, and if it’s at that price, I’d be money ahead as a regular fan vs paying for it with Directv.
Not so fast there ....
Who says you don't have to have an Amazon service to get the new Streaming NFL ?

Or If Apple gets it, you may have to have an Apple package of some sort ....

Theres gonna be Something thats going to be required, so you can add the cost of THAT on to it as well.

Reactions: SamCdbs
Not so fast there ....
Who says you don't have to have an Amazon service to get the new Streaming NFL ?
Who does not have Amazon Prim, it has been reported that have over 150 million households in the U.S., that is pretty much everyone.

I have it for the shipping, video is the bonus and I would have it no matter if they get ST or not.
You can subscribe now to MLB via Apple, you do not need to be a subscriber to Apple TV, same for their other add ons like HBOMAX for example.
Theres gonna be Something thats going to be required, so you can add the cost of THAT on to it as well.
Ok, 2 years of Prime, $280.00. ( plus included-shipping, movies, new shows, etc)+$300 each year for ST, total $880.00

2 Years of DirecTV, Choice with 3 Boxes, the first 2 years over $2700.00, then after the first year you are stuck without ST.

Reactions: meStevo
Who does not have Amazon Prim, it has been reported that have over 150 million households in the U.S., that is pretty much everyone.

I have it for the shipping, video is the bonus and I would have it no matter if they get ST or not.

You can subscribe now to MLB via Apple, you do not need to be a subscriber to Apple TV, same for their other add ons like HBOMAX for example.

Ok, 2 years of Prime, $280.00. ( plus included-shipping, movies, new shows, etc)+$300 each year for ST, total $880.00

2 Years of DirecTV, Choice with 3 Boxes, the first 2 years over $2700.00, then after the first year you are stuck without ST.
Do you always have to argue with people ?
If some one said it was dark out (11:20 Pm) you'd say it wasn't.

I never said anything about most of what you posted about ...
I mentioned Amazon, you immediately said, Everyone has it Already .... That is VERY WRONG ....

APPLE and APPLE TV are NOT the same.

Just because the rules for MLB allow you to watch the games, Doesn't mean the NFL will.

You THINK you have All the answers, but the Rules haven't even been made yet as No One Knows who is going to have it.

EVERYTHING you have posted is "Speculation"

It May end up being Accurate, or it may not.

Reactions: SamCdbs and AZ.

But what would make most people want it?..its not a requirement to watch a football game..if they are not paying $300 now..why would they pay that to stream? ..its gonna pick up some but lose others..MLB does streaming and satellite but at a reasonable price of $100

Not so fast there ....

I never said there wouldnt be, or that there would be. Chances are if it is amazon or apple, I am already paying for the service Id have to have in order to purchase ST. Maybe not.

However, if not, unless it costs a thousand a year to access that service, which would be preposterous, I will, like I said, be money ahead.

Multiple reasons, already given multiple times, by multiple posters.
Not really..just alot of speculation that there is huge unserved nfl sunday ticked need that couldn't be filled by directv..no actual proof or even evidence that it exists...most NFL fans are casual..only the gambling crowd and maybe a diehard cowboy like fan needs every game..directv never made money at $300.. so someone else paying the NFL twice as much won't make money at that price point either

Reactions: SamCdbs
Not really..just alot of speculation that there is huge unserved nfl sunday ticked need that couldn't be filled by directv..no actual proof or even evidence that it exists...most NFL fans are casual..only the gambling crowd and maybe a diehard cowboy like fan needs every game..directv never made money at $300.. so someone else paying the NFL twice as much won't make money at that price point either
Nobody will ever make money on that package seeing the NFL sets its own price.
If it were any other outside company, D* (or anyone else could have made money) .... but seeing the NFL is Greedy ....

Otoh, why does ANYONE Pay the NFL for this service, its the NFL that needs to have the viewers to see thier product ...
IF No one broadcast thier games, then the table would be turned and the NFL would have to pay them instead.

Once again, the packages for the other sports are totally different. The re-sellers MAKE money on them.

ST is a loss leader. Neither Apple, nor Amazon, nor Disney can make money on it. Therefore it W I L L be predicated on first buying something else.

No amount of voodoo math where you suppose that there is this unwashed mass of people staring dumbly at their device, wishing oh wishing it got ST (or ESPN, or FS1, or any of the wonderful content found on linear TV) can change that.

Reactions: Juan
I never said there wouldnt be, or that there would be. Chances are if it is amazon or apple, I am already paying for the service Id have to have in order to purchase ST. Maybe not.

However, if not, unless it costs a thousand a year to access that service, which would be preposterous, I will, like I said, be money ahead.
So, thats Great if your an Apple person ...
How do you feel if it goes to say ... Google ... that would help Android people.

I'm kinda surprised that Google isn't in it actually.

So, thats Great if your an Apple person ...
How do you feel if it goes to say ... Google ... that would help Android people.

I'm kinda surprised that Google isn't in it actually.
Does not matter if it is Apple or Google or Amazon, it will still be available to everyone, all 3 have apps on a Roku/other devices.

And Google is not in the content business, they tried with You Tube Originals, but they gave up on that as they do with a lot of things.

No amount of voodoo math where you suppose that there is this unwashed mass of people staring dumbly at their device, wishing oh wishing it got ST (or ESPN, or FS1, or any of the wonderful content found on linear TV) can change that.
You keep writing that, multiple posters in this thread alone, from a very limited group that have membership to Sat Guys, have written they will subscribe to ST but do not want DirecTV.

Yeah, maybe 20 or even 30 people, nationwide. It is just not a thing. And certainly not more than actually watch the “free” games on a typical weekend, which there is fuzzy math upthread on that idea.

This is niche product. And this is a product, unlike the other leagues’ packages, upon which the “winner” of this bid W I L L lose money and W I L L predicate access to it on buying something else first. That simple.

And, if the trade papers are right, DirecTV will end up with at least the commercial business and perhaps being a (probably the) residential reseller. Which would be a HUGE win for DirecTV, keeping its very near to universal go-to status for commercial accounts and being able to continue to offer the package to those most likely to buy it (those that already have it) on the residential side, without losing any money on the deal.

Reactions: Jimbo
Yeah, maybe 20 or even 30 people, nationwide. It is just not a thing. And certainly not more than actually watch the “free” games on a typical weekend, which there is fuzzy math upthread on that idea.
Why is it that only your opinion matter on this, that out of roughly 120 Million Households that do not have DirecTV, that only 20-30 people will get it, now who is using very bad math.

And, if the trade papers are right, DirecTV will end up with at least the commercial business and perhaps being a (probably the) residential reseller. Which would be a HUGE win for DirecTV, keeping its very near to universal go-to status for commercial accounts and being able to continue to offer the package to those most likely to buy it (those that already have it) on the residential side, without losing any money on the deal.
And once again, there is no evidence that is true, what that News Story said was what DirecTV wanted to do, it also said that Apple/Amazon might want to do the business stuff itself.

Once again-
Still, it’s unclear whether the winning bidder would be interested in such a partnership. Building a commercial relationship may be enticing for Disney, Apple or Amazon, and the winner may want to be the direct contact for all Sunday Ticket subscribers.

Reactions: meStevo
Status
Please reply by conversation.