DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
They did it with Covid ....
If Flex scheduling is being done for MNF, you can count on it being done for TNF as well, on the next contract.

What games did they move forward 3 days because of COVID? Delaying games is much easier than flexing (swapping).

Next contract is in 11? years. We'll see what the options are then, pretty sure flex scheduling is not likely. Doesn't make any sense.

What games did they move forward 3 days because of COVID? Delaying games is much easier than flexing (swapping).

Next contract is in 11? years. We'll see what the options are then, pretty sure flex scheduling is not likely. Doesn't make any sense.
Were talking moving games .... doesn't matter forward or backwards ....

Reactions: AZ.
Why would Traditional TV bid .... Its a for gone conclusion that it will go to a Streaming company, the NFL came out and said that already ....
While I think thats a mistake, I think they should have left it on Both, ,but they didn't ask me ... they would have made More money on Both.
Streaming is the only ones bidding, if a Traditional Provider offered $2 Billion, the NFL would of listened at least.

Still wondering why DirecTV did not bid, could of used it to grow their streaming service, much like how they did with the Satellite Service back in the day, then they could of kept it on the Sat. side also.

Were talking moving games .... doesn't matter forward or backwards ....
lol, what? This is all that matters.

To date all? flexing has been same-day.

Competitively and logistically it makes no sense to ever introduce flexing to TNF. How many times would you like to see the Steelers play a hard fought game and then have to turn around and play someone else 4 days later?

Streaming is the only ones bidding, if a Traditional Provider offered $2 Billion, the NFL would of listened at least.

Still wondering why DirecTV did not bid, could of used it to grow their streaming service, much like how they did with the Satellite Service back in the day, then they could of kept it on the Sat. side also.
Disney is bidding

Disney is bidding
Disney dropped out months ago, keep up.

From July 13-

This has effectively removed the cautious, ever-disciplined Disney from consideration, since its own bid came in under $2 billion.

Disney dropped out months ago, keep up.

From July 13-

This has effectively removed the cautious, ever-disciplined Disney from consideration, since its own bid came in under $2 billion.

Huh?

During Disney’s Q2 earnings call on Wednesday, CEO Bob Iger was asked if he would be interested in purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket and putting it on ESPN+ and he made it fairly clear that the answer, under the right financial conditions, would be yes.

Huh?

During Disney’s Q2 earnings call on Wednesday, CEO Bob Iger was asked if he would be interested in purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket and putting it on ESPN+ and he made it fairly clear that the answer, under the right financial conditions, would be yes.
It does not say that in your link.

Huh?

Bob Iger hasn’t been at Disney in 2 years lol

Bob Iger hasn’t been at Disney in 2 years lol

In his annual media predictions, SBJ’s John Ourand predicted Disney and DirecTV would be the winners for “Sunday Ticket.”

Chapek’s acknowledgment of the “Sunday Ticket” bid comes as Disney reported that costs at all of its streaming and linear businesses were on the rise, driven by increasing productions costs and sports rights.

So, what are you trying to say ?

You've got it for free, you like it enough to watch it, when its Free ... but once you don't get it free, you complain that you can't get it ?

I told you that you Could get it, you just don't want to pay for it ....

I don't want to pay for a lot of things, but you know what, if I don't pay I don't get.

I think I have had it free for quit awhile now as well, much longer than your talking, but if I was not offered it free, I would still pay for it. (I try not to tell people that.)

Next year, I will pay for it, one way or the other .... IF they ever decide who wants it ...

I'm hoping it goes to Prime seeing I'm already a Prime member.
I would pay for it if I had to, and will starting next year, I won't go without my NFL ST and my 49ers games.

I don't care if it's Apple or Amazon, the NFL needs to just pick someone.

Reactions: Hart5150
Status
Please reply by conversation.