DirecTV Limited Package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
I currently have the DirecTV Limited Package w/ the big 4 Networks, and with their price increase, pay about $30/mo (taxes included) for only shopping networks, and 8 channels that I actually watch. If i'm going to pay about $30/mo for shopping channels and ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX, does anyone know if DirecTV has a different package that includes some REAL channels for about $19.95/mo instead of the crap channels that I could get for free to air satellite anyway? Amazing how D* charges so much for channels that are free. I've been w/ them going on 10 years now, with my good ole RCA DRD303RA Receiver :)

I currently have the DirecTV Limited Package w/ the big 4 Networks, and with their price increase, pay about $30/mo (taxes included) for only shopping networks, and 8 channels that I actually watch. If i'm going to pay about $30/mo for shopping channels and ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX, does anyone know if DirecTV has a different package that includes some REAL channels for about $19.95/mo instead of the crap channels that I could get for free to air satellite anyway? Amazing how D* charges so much for channels that are free. I've been w/ them going on 10 years now, with my good ole RCA DRD303RA Receiver :)

Well for about $ 15 more p/m you can move up to the base package and more than likely move up to the modern technology receivievers too.

I do not know if they have a cheaper package or not.
On thier website I have seen where they list the network channels for I think it was $5 for the locals p/m when you buy a normal package, or free if you look at the new packages, they have addeed the $5 on to the cost of the package.

Another option would be to throw up a OTA antenna and get your locals for free, it sounds like thats all your getting from D* anyways.

Jimbo

Dish offers a better value for $35 including locals with their AT100 package than Directv does with their $30 package. Dish has a $20 Family Package ($25 with locals).

what is the limited package?

I never heard of a limited package what is it?Is it the same as the family package??How would you get a limited package?

d* tv has a family pack also you just have to ask for it think its around 20.00 also not sure though

I do not think it has as many channels as AT100 though. If someone signs up with Dish Network I think they get $10 off for 10 months plus you save $5 on the outlet fee on the second and 4th television.

Just call retentions and tell them you want a discount on your bill because Dish has a better deal and you may decide to switch to save the cash. If youve been with them for 10 years I dont think it should be very hard to get at least $5 or so off the bill.

You know you Trolls are getting more funny every day!.:rolleyes:

He wasn't trolling...every word he said was true. I dropped DirecTV back in January and went with Dish's AT100 package for that very reason...substantially lower price, while keeping most of the channels that I truly wanted to keep.

I do not think it has as many channels as AT100 though. If someone signs up with Dish Network I think they get $10 off for 10 months plus you save $5 on the outlet fee on the second and 4th television.

AT100 does indeed offer more, which is why I made the decision to jump to Dish after the latest round of price hikes pushed Total Choice past the limit that I feel comfortable spending for subscription television.

The $29.95 DirecTV family package simply didn't have enough of the programming that I wanted to keep. Even TV Land was absent, which is a channel that I do enjoy from time to time.

Thanks for all the replies! I'll call retentions on Monday when i'm off and see what can be done! These price increases for no quality channels and that D* probably isn't paying anything for, or is paying a penny per customer is killing me, it's ashame to pay so much JUST for the Networks which is all I care about.... Grr!

If networks are all you want, you can get them from Dish with a $5.00 service fee.

I'm not actually supposed to be getting the East/West feeds, but was grandfathered in from past laws. I like my West coast feeds of the networks so I don't have to DVR/Tivo anything, just watch it later. It's also good for watching them fun police chases going on in LA, lol.

Dish Network's $20 Family Package and Directv's $30 Limited Package probably have content that cost them very little to maximize profitability to where they can make fairly close to the same amount as they would the next package up.

He wasn't trolling...every word he said was true. I dropped DirecTV back in January and went with Dish's AT100 package for that very reason...substantially lower price, while keeping most of the channels that I truly wanted to keep.

Think you should have been with DISH sooner.:rolleyes: .For subscribers who want the most basic channels you can get or the most sports it's DirecTV.If all you want is 60 channels+40 audio channels it's DISH.;)

Also if you like waking up and finding channels missing it's also DISH.:mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts