DirecTV Locals/Distants/HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

david94085

Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Recently converted from Dish and have a few questions, please:

(1) Is it true that even if you qualify for distants on the web site you still have to wait for waivers?

(2) If you get NY locals/HD (not the distants) are these on spot beam or will they be available anywhere you happen to be?

(3) Is the YES network SD/HD on spotbeam or available wherever you happen to be.

I hope this makes sense. Assume I'm going to be moving and I'm trying to figure out if things work similar to dish. Thanks for any help!

1) The networks you qualify for on the website are the ones you do NOT have to get a waiver for.

2) NY locals are on the national beam for those who qualify for distant networks and are physically available anywhere in the US.

3) YES SD is on the national beam for those who order the sportspack. It is available anywhere is the US. I am not sure about the HD version, but from what I read through the grapevine it is on a spotbeam and is only available to those within the reach of the spotbeam.

Recently converted from Dish and have a few questions, please:

(1) Is it true that even if you qualify for distants on the web site you still have to wait for waivers?

(2) If you get NY locals/HD (not the distants) are these on spot beam or will they be available anywhere you happen to be?

(3) Is the YES network SD/HD on spotbeam or available wherever you happen to be.

I hope this makes sense. Assume I'm going to be moving and I'm trying to figure out if things work similar to dish. Thanks for any help!

1) Don't know

2) HD locals are spotbeamed. If you qualify for them, forget about 1) distants

3) So far, spotbeam only. It MIGHT be national after the new sats are up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts