Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
DirecTV Inc. broke new ground Thursday night, launching a “What’s Hot!” channel that tracks the top 10 most popular shows its subscribers are viewing at any given time.

The move — similar to a test Time Warner Cable ran in Hawaii, in which it used a panel of 1,000 homes to allow subs to track the top shows on the system — could alarm privacy advocates.

But DirecTV says the data, listed on its News Mix (channel 102) and Sports Mix (104) channels, is collected anonymously. “Never again will DirecTV viewers miss the most-talked-about shows … No other satellite or cable provider delivers this unique service,” executive vice president Eric Shanks boasted in the announcement. DirecTV says it’ll also use the info to make programming choices. It’s not clear how many subs are in the “What’s Hot” panel — DirecTV reps couldn’t be reached by deadline.

The “What’s Hot” channel could ease channel navigation for DirecTV customers, by allowing them to quickly find out what their fellow subscribers are watching.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6340480.html?display=Breaking+News

This is a cool feature.... The yellow button switches the audio to different channels..... It's probably been this way but I just noticed it.....

shy007 said:
This is a cool feature.... The yellow button switches the audio to different channels..... It's probably been this way but I just noticed it.....

I was upgraded from a Samsung TS360 to a H20 and that's when I noticed it as well. I don't use the feature, I just don't never think about it.

cablewithaview said:
I was upgraded from a Samsung TS360 to a H20 and that's when I noticed it as well. I don't use the feature, I just don't never think about it.

You know all the yellow button does is switches audio feeds. You could have done that with your Samsung TS360.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts