DirecTv Movers Trouble

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trckn4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
I have the HD DVR package and I just moved to Charlotte NC. I was told by the rental company that I would have directv service here, one of the reasons we chose this specific apartment in the complex.

Well, someone came out to install it and I cannot receive an HD signal from here. I was in the process of buying another HD DVR 99$+shipping and they are sending someone for a second opinion in a week. Any suggestions? I was told I could get regular service, but I do Not want that. I might have to go with Time Warner, I don't know if Dish is available here.

I am about 6 months into my 24month contract with Direct...any suggestions? How will they be about it? I am told there is no line of sight from our apartment.
Thanks.

The appartment has a SD dish pointed at 101 only, that distributes to the appartments. Unless you use your own dish pointed south, you'll have to go to just SD.

Can you get a different appartment at the same complex that has view to the south, you could have an HD dish on the balcony or something.

well, we have already moved in so I think another apartment is not possible right now. But, that was even if they mounted a dish on our balcony. The regulations here also state that you cannot mount it to the balcony or have it extend beyond, otherwise it sounded like it may have been possible.

well, we have already moved in so I think another apartment is not possible right now. But, that was even if they mounted a dish on our balcony. The regulations here also state that you cannot mount it to the balcony or have it extend beyond, otherwise it sounded like it may have been possible.
trckn4life,
There are many other options available to do this on your balcony without going into free space and that do not need to be screwed down.

Jimbo

On your second opinion have the tech use a tripod to test signal, if its close. If you have an Azimuth Compass see how it looks for the 101° to 119° from 245° SSW @ 30° eL to 219° SSW @ 44° eL

trckn4life,
There are many other options available to do this on your balcony without going into free space and that do not need to be screwed down.

Jimbo

My subcontractor colleague and I do a lot of apartment installs. We used to do balcony railing clamps, but many apartment managers are getting wise to the exclusive use clause. They NOW do not allow the dish to stick out beyond the railing.

We looked at tripods especially made for the two (2) inch actual pole. We decided that the $100 plus was to expensive and offer no advantage to the customer.

So, my friend decided to develop and adapter over the last 18 months to adapt the current 1-5/8" acutal pole to two inches actual.

Whe never looked back. We now exculsively use his adapter, which he sells at nominal cost on eBay;

DirecTV AT9/AU9 KA/KU Adapter for old 1-5/8" pole - eBay (item 150274854364 end time Jul-30-08 20:00:16 PDT)

We can go to Radio Shack and buy a US made Rohn Heavy Duty tripod for $35 anywhere in the US. A 1-5/8" galvanized chain link fence line post cost a little over $6. Cut in half, we can use it for two tripods. The tripod mast clamping screws allows fine adjustments to make it plumb. On wooded deck balcony one very small and short screw on each leg is necessary only to keep it from sliding. On concrete, we draw an outline of each leg pad with a marker, so it is easily returned to position, of ever disturbed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts