Directv moving channels around

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kdarcangelis2005

Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
I read in antoher post that Directv is going to move some of its channels around to different satellites. Is that true? And are they moving some of them to 119? :confused:

They never announce where, but it is more than likely there will be movement once Spaceway2 is in their control.

charper1 said:
They never announce where, but it is more than likely there will be movement once Spaceway2 is in their control.
Directv does not have SW2 yet boeing is going to do some test on it for a month then hand it over to directv.

lee78221 said:
Directv does not have SW2 yet boeing is going to do some test on it for a month then hand it over to directv.

That's why he said "once Spaceway2 is in their control."

The answer is/was that no one will know until after it happens because to the end user it really doesn't matter much and DirecTV never pre-announces these moves, except maybe to major insiders. So that is the best (most truthful) answer you can get other than pure speculation and rumors. What exactly is your concern? Do you have some LOS issues?

If you do not currently subcribe to HD services and get everything you need from 101w then you will more than likely (99.9%) will not need a dish upgrade until your DMA goes MPEG4 and you get that new dish, and that is if you have any need for MPEG4. At some point in the distant future we all will need to switch, but I see that as at least 2 years away and by then things can and will change. Heck, by next spring, they COULD start moving channels as you suggest. I alway recommend having the PhaseIII even if you don't need it now, you might want to add HD, it surely doesn't hurt anything by having it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts