Directv Networking Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JAMES HYDE

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I Have A H21-100 Directv Receiver That I Want To Connect To The Internet I Have A Linkys WAP54G Access Point Can I Use It To Connect My Receiver To The Internet With My Wireless Network uses WEP. So How Do I Setup The Access Point So It Can Work For My Receiver Can I Convert The Access Point So It Will Work?

Its Not A Dvr Its A Directv Hd Receiver Non-dvr H21-100 I Want To Convert A Linkys WAP54G Access Point So I Can Use It

I'm not sure what you can do with networking on an H21, unless you want to use it to view content from an HR2x DVR.

BTW, it would be easier to read your posts if you turned off the capitalization of the first letter in each word. :)

I'm not sure what you can do with networking on an H21, unless you want to use it to view content from an HR2x DVR.

BTW, it would be easier to read your posts if you turned off the capitalization of the first letter in each word. :)

Good luck with that, he does it in all of his posts. Apparently he doesn't understand how difficult it makes it to read. I for one will simply ignore them from now on.

If you have a laptop with a wifi connection enable Internet sharing over your Ethernet connection.connect your laptop to your dvr's Ethernet port with a cat 5 crossover cable bam networked

Directv H21 Networking

i always move my laptop i can't use that i have a Linkys WAP54G ACCESS POINT I Want to convert it so i can use it......

Or just use a sling link if you have an open port on your router,bridge or gate way.just
Google sling link it works and is simple to install

I've had bad exp trying to network that same exact model access point.But I carry
Around a shiny van full of sling links way
Easier

REGARDING Sling Link

In a word... UGH... "home-wire solution", 85 Mbps, cost, YUCK!

ANOTHER huge caveat is if the home’s electrical system is divided into multiple phases (meaning two or more independent power lines come into the house) then the SlingLink Turbo will not be able to establish a connection. Both SlingLinks need to be on the same electric circuit; they also should only be directly connect on an isolated outlet AND have trouble handling High Definition.

I am not calling these "junk" BUT there are MUCH better options. These are basically the lazy man's way and offer up headaches for those wanting to enjoy near trouble free programming.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts