DirecTV New HD channel additions and rumors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Much Better!!!

33usutk.jpg.png

Click for full size.

Last edited:
I got tired of begging for Epix , Plex, XMSirus, and TheBlaze , so I went back to Dish. My only regret is losing Smithsonian, hope they add that sometime.

Also, Dish gives me Cloo and Chiller at no extra cost. DTV is good for sports fanatics but I don't care for that much.

I don't consider Fox Movie Channel niche, it's long overdue.

I did say virtually, not literally. You could make a case for FMC not being a niche channel. It certainly wouldn't be near the top of most lists, however.

I don't consider Fox Movie Channel niche, it's long overdue.

I do.
But then again someone else may consider QVC HD "niche" or when FS San Diego was launched in HD folks who dislike sports probably bitched about it being added
Or someone like me who doesnt watch movies just grumbles when they add a premium channel.

I got tired of begging for Epix , Plex, XMSirus, and TheBlaze , so I went back to Dish. My only regret is losing Smithsonian, hope they add that sometime.

Also, Dish gives me Cloo and Chiller at no extra cost. DTV is good for sports fanatics but I don't care for that much.

That is good. The programming was important to you, and DirecTV wasn't coming through. It will probably happen, anyway, that Smithsonian Channel HD comes to Dish Network.

I've been a subscriber of DirecTV for many years. It is strange that Cloo is in a separate programming package than Chiller.

I see the word niche here, and I also came across this word being used a good two years ago.

The connotation, with some, is that niche is unworthy.

I have dismissed that as nonsense. In reality, there will be a transformation of channel lineups, from every cable-televison provider you name, which will become entirely high definition. That is where we are heading. Sure, there are some titles, like really old TV series, that can't appear in high def. But these programmers will bare a "HD" next to their call letters.

Niche is not of use. Yes, you name the channel that you believe to be merely niche [unworthy]. It is going to become carried in high definition.

I encourage more [niche] programming to get added in high definition particularly by DirecTV.

:popcorn

That is good. The programming was important to you, and DirecTV wasn't coming through. It will probably happen, anyway, that Smithsonian Channel HD comes to Dish Network.

I've been a subscriber of DirecTV for many years. It is strange that Cloo is in a separate programming package than Chiller.

Yes, PROGRAMMING should always be at the TOP of peoples list when deciding what provider to use.
Why would you go to a provider that didn't offer the channels you want ?

How about this one:

Definition of NICHE
a : a recess in a wall especially for a statue
b : something (as a sheltered or private space) that resembles a recess in a wall
a : a place, employment, status, or activity for which a person or thing is best fitted <finally found her niche>
b : a habitat supplying the factors necessary for the existence of an organism or species
c : the ecological role of an organism in a community especially in regard to food consumption
d : a specialized market

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)