DirecTV & NFL Extend Exclusive Sunday Ticket Through 2014

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Exactly. More games back in the day were on Sunday Ticket
Now Sunday ticket subscribers are paying double , But have been losing games to Primtime and National tv. Plus any game now that may bring in High Ratings get moved to a Primetime slot, where and When Ever the NFL wants to without notice.
I'm not saying Suday ticket isn't nice. But its not worth a penny more then what it was 10 years ago IMHO.

I definitely agree with what your saying, however, like others have said, it's going to keep going up as long as people keep buying it.

I am one of them that keep buying it.

Last year I would have saved a lot of money by not having it, seeing the Steeler's were on National TV alot last year, but you do not know that ahead of time.

example, I don't know how many games will be on the local network this year, when the payment starts... the local team is considered to be Cleveland and Detroit, so normally the Steeler's would NOT be available in my market.

Jimbo

CSR's are also very good at keeping NFLST subs when you call & try & cancel. I've done it twice & both times I received the SF for free.

CSR's are also very good at keeping NFLST subs when you call & try & cancel. I've done it twice & both times I received the SF for free.

I do it every year. Quite frankly, I watch Red Zone HD 90% of the time. When you add it up, ST plus SF for just one channel is really expensive so I dont feel guilty wiggling my SF for free.

When Monday Night football was the only national game, ST had 13 games a week (14 games/week for the whole NFL due to fewer teams) for a total of 208 games on ST. Only 28 teams back then

When Monday and Sunday night football became national, ST had 14 games a week (16 games total/week for the whole NFL) for a total of 224 games on ST. Number of teams increased to 30.

Now we have Monday, Sunday, and Thursday night football. ST now carries 13 games a week again for a total of 208 games, just like at the start.

In the future the number of weeks will increase by 2 and ST will still carry 13 games per week. Now the total number of games will increase to 234, accounting for more total games than ever.
We'll see:)

Seem like a good deal all around. I had ST for 4 years. But gotta cancel it this year. To much money for me this year. Also I can't loss any more money supporting the Browns. I will just watch the hi-lights on ESPN this year....and I guess the Redskins in the Hampton Roads viewing area. OUCH!

Plus any game now that may bring in High Ratings get moved to a Primetime slot, where and When Ever the NFL wants to without notice.

thats totally wrong....the only games that can move to primetime are non flex blocked games in the flex weeks 11 thru 17....all the other games have to stay during the day no matter the matchup.

I have yet to pay for ST or SF. Well actually that's not accurate. They've paid me to take it. I've called in and gotten the new sub deal for the past 3 years. So instead of our normal Premier charge, we just pay the ST cost. :)

And you're crazy if you don't think this deal was done on the assumption that they are going with an 18 game schedule. I can very easily see a 350-450 cost in 2011. At that price subs will fall and I'd be shocked if D* didn't have to give up exclusivity in return for a lower cost. Actually the NFL would be stupid to not go with a EI-type deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts