Directv now questions

dieselpritchett2448

Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Macon
I love directv now but I have a few questions that maybe someone can answer.
1. Why is Hallmark Movies And Mysteries channel only in the live a little package? I need more sports channels but cant get them because of how the Hallmark Movies And Mysteries channel is packaged.
2. When will Directv Now have Dvr?

Reactions: wpbear
1. Why is Hallmark Movies And Mysteries channel only in the live a little package? I need more sports channels but cant get them because of how the Hallmark Movies And Mysteries channel is packaged.

1: Because that's where they put it, probably due to certain contracts.

2: Nobody but them knows at present, hopefully soon.

I agree this is dumb about the Hallmark movies and mysteries.

I won't be keeping DirecTV Now because I want more sports but I'm not paying for a TV package that's missing channels I want.

That's what the cable want. All of these OTT services are missing something. ME, I'm will to sacrifice some content to save money.
Unfortunately, the carriers have proven quite adept at identifying must-have channels to exclude from base packages.

In the long run, if you have to subscribe to more than three services to get what you want, you're surely sacrificing considerable time switching between services to find anything to watch.

Unfortunately, the carriers have proven quite adept at identifying must-have channels to exclude from base packages.

In the long run, if you have to subscribe to more than three services to get what you want, you're surely sacrificing considerable time switching between services to find anything to watch.

If you can't find anything to watch with all the content that's out there you will never be pleased. I grew up with 3 1\2 channels and we got by.

If you can't find anything to watch with all the content that's out there you will never be pleased. I grew up with 3 1\2 channels and we got by.
When I lived with my grandparents back in the 60's, we had 2 TV channels & ONE party line telephone. Thankfully the telephone DID NOT look like this*:
529143cf5443a17d3dba87430cf3710f.jpg

*I'm also thankful that they got rid of their outhouse BEFORE we moved in with them(they lived on a farm in Missouri).

If you can't find anything to watch with all the content that's out there you will never be pleased.
That's not really the point. What you can get is what is "out there" but chasing after a handful on channels on multiple services surely isn't a winning formula.

That's not really the point. What you can get is what is "out there" but chasing after a handful on channels on multiple services surely isn't a winning formula.

Sure it is when there is no contract. Right now I have Netflix. Next week it will be Hbo. In the Fall I will use Vue or Now. Add In Starz, Amazon, or Hulu, Pluto for news. Some months My bill will be less than $10. Winning Is saving hundreds of dollars a year and getting more.

Reactions: mdavej
When I lived with my grandparents back in the 60's, we had 2 TV channels & ONE party line telephone. Thankfully the telephone DID NOT look like this*:
529143cf5443a17d3dba87430cf3710f.jpg

*I'm also thankful that they got rid of their outhouse BEFORE we moved in with them(they lived on a farm in Missouri).
. I remember we couldn't buy our own phone we had to rent it for $5 a month.

Reactions: jdlovin
I would be with DTV Now if they had all the Fox RSN's. They don't have any of the "alternates," which many markets need. At least, they didn't have them a couple months ago when I was comparing.

. I remember we couldn't buy our own phone we had to rent it for $5 a month.
Bell Telephone, & the phone was their's. I'm trialling Directv Now, but i prefer PlayStation Vue, & I hope that Vue will pick up NHL Network. I don't miss Viacom & I never watched BeIN Sports, so having Vue Core Slim & HBO added on works for me. If you need Hallmark Movies And Mysteries, just pick up Sling TV for it.

Winning Is saving hundreds of dollars a year and getting more.
Winning is saving both time and money and if you have to spend 20+ hours a year plotting and planning how you're going to save all that money, you're not putting a reasonable value on your time (or saving money -- as opposed to enjoying TV -- is the whole point of the exercise).

Reactions: andy_horton
People are chasing the WRONG thing when they chase CHANNELS for particular programming. They should chase the particular program instead.
I think that's the real problem (and it has been my mantra since streaming services began). Most networks only offer one or two flagship shows any more.
Many programs are shown on more than a single channel nowadays.
That's pretty much never been the case and isn't the case now unless you're talking about premium movie plexes that might be showing the same show on three different channels. I think I saw the Starz show Power on three channels last night (though they might not have all been the same episode).

I get that it is Summer, but do the movie plexes have to reach back an average of 15 years to find movies to show?

Reactions: osu1991
For me, having a handful of streaming services doesnt take any longer to find a program than it did when I had sat, sometimes it takes less time.

The Fire has cross platform search (as does roku and android tv). So it is as simple as searching for a program seeing what it is available on, and clicking on it. For live tv Vue has a guide just like sat service, so if I am simply surfing, I lose nothing in that comparison.

The biggest thing I have gained is the monthly savings, and the realization that I really did not need most of those channels that I thought I wanted before cost savings won out.

For me, having a handful of streaming services doesnt take any longer to find a program than it did when I had sat, sometimes it takes less time.
Searching for titles will never approach the instant gratification of surfing a single service. Its just too messy (even with voice control). I suspect that this is why penetration of streaming remains limited.

Plexes like those in the MTV family are proof that people prefer to consume store-bought content that is bad for them rather than hunting down content that is good for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)