Directv Now to become AT&T TV NOW

Discussion in 'Cord Cutters Club (Internet TV)' started by mackie99, Jul 30, 2019.

1. mackie99

mackie99 Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Master Pub Member / Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I just received the following email:

Important information regarding DIRECTV NOW

We’d like to share some new changes coming to DIRECTV NOW℠!

In an effort to deliver the best service possible across our products, we will soon be reintroducing the DIRECTV NOW experience as AT&T TV NOW.

In the coming weeks, your DIRECTV NOW app will change to AT&T TV, but will continue to deliver the same great streaming entertainment. As an existing customer, your service will carry on as usual without any interruptions.

If automatic updates are not enabled on your device, you will be directed to download the updated app when you login. Simply follow the onscreen instructions and accept the Terms and Conditions to update.

There will be no changes to any network apps you’ve signed into. However, if you’ve signed into any network apps like USA, E! or ESPN and decide to sign out, you will need to select AT&T TV as your TV provider the next time you log in.

For more information on what you can expect from the change to AT&T TV, check out this FAQ.

Sincerely,
    Your DIRECTV NOW Team

2. harshness

harshness SatelliteGuys Master

The name certainly doesn't roll off the tongue. ATTTV? AT3V?

3. rad

rad Supporting Founder Supporting Founder Lifetime Supporter

It does if you normally stutter.

TheKrell likes this.
  4. buckeyebrian

buckeyebrian SatelliteGuys Family

Well, they'll need more then a new name to be competitive with Youtube TV and Playstation Vue in my opinion. If they want to offer a skinny bundle without sports channels(Like Philo) that's fine, but any package WITH the sports channels need to be in the same price range as the others. HBO should be optional and not a reason for a premium package price.

5. harshness

harshness SatelliteGuys Master

That ship has sailed and it is taking on water.

Explaining the differences between AT&T TV and AT&T TV Now seems destined to be a mind-bender. You think they would have learned something from the HBO Go .vs. HBO Now tribulations.

navychop and osu1991 like this.
  6. BearcatScott

BearcatScott SatelliteGuys Pro

Does anyone know if you get to keep free HBO if you cancel DirectvNow? I originally signed up when the free HBO deal if you had unlimited AT&T data. I made a DirectvNow account that only got me access to HBO through the HBOGo app. I didn't sign up for DirectvNow until a while later. So now I'm thinking of cancelling DirectvNow but only if I get to keep HBO on the HBOGo app.

7. Zookster

Zookster SatelliteGuys Pro

Cancel and find out. If the only reason you are getting HBO is because you have DirecTVNow and you lose HBO by cancelling, you can just sign up again to get it back (it's included in both DirecTVNow packages). If you have HBO because of some perk with your AT&T mobile account (unlimited data), then you should still have it as long as the promotion is still current. If you don't need or want DirecTVNow, except for HBO, you can save a lot of money by just signing up separately via HBO Now or Amazon Channels.

Separate names with a comma.

More...