DirecTV On Demand Coming Soon!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
I saw this when I was reading the latest press releases on the D* website. I will paste the link if you wnat to read the whole thing.

Also impacting the quarterly results were higher upgrade and retention costs primarily due to the increased number of customers upgrading to high definition and digital video recorder services, as well as converting to our new MPEG-4 equipment. These high-value subscribers generate the highest ARPU, lowest churn and greatest cash flow for DIRECTV over the long term."

Carey added, "As we head into 2007, we have many reasons to be excited. First, we will launch several new innovative programming services over the coming months such as NASCAR HotPass(TM), the Championship Gaming Series, and DIRECTV On Demand. But perhaps the most important initiative will be the launch of up to 100 national HD channels in the second half of this year following the successful launch of a new satellite. With this added capacity, we expect to offer significantly more HD channels than most of our competitors, providing DIRECTV with a huge advantage in this rapidly growing marketplace." Carey concluded, "We also expect stronger operational performance in 2007 now that we have launched our new set-top boxes, strengthened our sales channels and implemented several key changes to our installation and customer service infrastructure that will drive improved efficiencies and quality. As a result, we're looking for even better results from DIRECTV U.S. in 2007."

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=959804&highlight=

I just wonder what ON Demand its going to be, is it like Dish networks where they store 5-6 movies that were made in the 1970's ( okay a little more recent movies were there) or are they actually going to use BroadBand Connections?!?!

Broadband connection. What they described is each network can have a VOD channel in the 1000's where you can bring up shows/movies they offer. So if NBC is channel 8 and you missed Heroes tonight you could go to channel 1008 and tell it to download this week's episode of Heroes to your HR20.

nice! wonder if my 1.5 connection will be able to handle it, lol, I actually cant wait to get this, this would make me stay with directv and not go to cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)