DirectV on demand

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
So I have had my system for over a year now and love it. I bought a new WIFI router set up and decided to try hooking up my hr24-500 to the net Via Ethernet cable to the router. It found the net the first time I restarted it and I used the search function. "Awesome" there in lies the issue. My whole house dvr set up apparently if the receiver is hooked up to the Net Via Ethernet it will not share the library with the rest of the system :(. WTH! I did some searching on DirecTV's site and found I need a direct Cinema WIFI adapter and Direct TV wants to charge $31.00 plus shipping. So let me get this straight I already bought the receivers from them (sort of) I pay my monthly access fee monthly DVR fee Monthly Whole house fee and if I want to do an on demand your going to charge me for an adapter so I can buy more stuff from you. Is it just me or is it out of control? :eek: Is there any way around this?

As Always thank you in advace guys and gals!

the whole dtv cinema adapter thing is stupid anyway, since it is a modem just for pay per view (does not make sense to me--why can't they route my dvr through my modem?) But in any case, I got mine for free during my install last July.

It isn't just for pay per view there jack. Anyways, thats just the way the recievers were designed. And if you wanna use it and have a swm system then you can get the wired cinema connection kit and it just uses your coax for the internet signal connection. The way they are designed if you have the ethernet cable hooked up the system thinks you have an old add on DECA hooked up and it throws the MRV through that. In the grand scheme of things a one time fee of 31 plus tax isn't a big deal and wont break the bank. Its just the way it is...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)