DirecTV On Media Center PC's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Craiger1

Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
Hi. I thought I remembered reading that DirecTV was working with Microsoft to get DirecTV onto Media Center PC's. Does this mean DirecTV will do a TV tuner card that will go into Media Center PC's and would they be a dual HDTV tuner one that would work with the Media Center's hard drive to record TV shows and movies? Thanks, Craig.

There hasnt been much detail since the show. I think I remember someone mentioning it would be a USB unit rather than a capture card for the MCE. I also think D* was waiting for Vista and the extra security features it offers. I am anxiously waiting since I have focused my house on the MCE and 2 Xbox 360's. The only thing missing is direct capture HD from D* (got 2 OTA HD capture cards, 1 SD D* off separate receiver). In either form, I just want something by year end. But of course, D* will delay and dissapoint. But I can dream cant I?

It's waiting for Vista, so almost -0- chance of anything this year. Sorry. :( (I want it just as badly...)

Thanks for the info. That one thing I thought about that DirecTV might be waiting for Windows Vista. I wonder if DirecTV would do their own Media Center PC with their regular or HD DVR's?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)