Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
How long does it take after you purchase a movie or an event for it to show up on your Directv bill?

ramy said:
How long does it take after you purchase a movie or an event for it to show up on your Directv bill?

My experience has been just a couple of days before your billing cycle ends the STB will call home and download the PPV's that you've had that month. I've never reached it but I think there was also a magic number of PPV's that you purchase that when exceeded forces a call home for the download.

If you have never hooked up your phone to the receiver, you may purchase up to 20 PPVs. Then, your card will say its' full. After you run a phone line, your card will download and you will get billed for all those events. I use PPV all the time and my phone is always connected. :)

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

The reason I was asking is because on my HD Tivo I have the Null modem hooked up to a PC through my VOIP and I haven't seen anything so far but my new bill hasn't posted yet. I was wanting to know because it has been 2 weeks since I purchased anything and haven't seen it online yet.

The HD Tivo will still use a phone line to send PPV, it will not go through the serial port (now this is to my knowledge, someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

rad said:
My experience has been just a couple of days before your billing cycle ends the STB will call home and download the PPV's that you've had that month. I've never reached it but I think there was also a magic number of PPV's that you purchase that when exceeded forces a call home for the download.

There is indeed a maximum number of PPV you can have pending at any given time. Since there is also a maximum spending limit, it's unlikely to hit the number limit before the spending limit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts