Status
Please reply by conversation.

memory

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
working usually
this is to all the techs out there,

the company I work for said that directv was going to pay them 15 dollars less per job and that we migh thave to eat that i want ot knwo if anyone else has heard this and do your companies REQUIRE that you run all the phone lines NO MATTER what

memory said:
this is to all the techs out there,
the company I work for said that directv was going to pay them 15 dollars less per job and that we migh thave to eat that i want ot knwo if anyone else has heard this and do your companies REQUIRE that you run all the phone lines NO MATTER what

memory,

im an independent contractor and a msp sub, our pay is not going down. i hear the hsp pay is though.

phone lines are from 35 to 65 each to hard wire. and that $$ is all mine. if they are a cell phone only household all you have to do is tell directv at activation. ive never seen them turn a sub down for not having a land line.

i take it you are hsp, huh?

yeah I work for a hsp and they say that we have to no matter what run phone lines to all the recievers and if the customer doesnt want it then we have to call in to our team lead and blah blah blah it gets to be a really big pain

Why is the hsp pay rate going down

did you really think the pay would stay the same with all the hsp owned vans and the gasoline cards??

directv didnt lower its install rate. the hsps are cutting the techs pay to cover the vehicle costs.

Which HSP do you work for??? I to work for an HSP and can tell you what I am being told if you want to PM me.

Dish Network is cutting the pay to the retailer by $15 on each additional receiver installation.

dragon002 said:
did you really think the pay would stay the same with all the hsp owned vans and the gasoline cards??
directv didnt lower its install rate. the hsps are cutting the techs pay to cover the vehicle costs.
Pay for gas thats odd we pay for our own gas....which is BS, we pay for everything except the Van

My company is great. :D
I use to be a sub but now I work for a company that pays for EVERTHING. and I am making more money and I am alot happier also. I don't do DTV or Dish everyday (mainly Direcway) but our company is starting the mandatory phone lines. I have not heard about a pay decrease.

urnote96 said:
Pay for gas thats odd we pay for our own gas....which is BS, we pay for everything except the Van

depends on the office, the HSP and the contract.

just out of MORIBUND curiosity what do you make for a straight 3 ird install with 3 d-11 s and a phase 3 dish?

DTV for my company only $55 for a 3 rec. But like I said Gas, Van, Tools, EVERYTHING is paid for.

Direcway is 60 with 20 for poles. I can do 3 installs per day so between 180 to 240 per day. I usally do about 15 installs per week with 3 or 4 poles and 3 or 4 repairs which is $35.

I make between $850 to $1100 now with no money out of my pocket. No BS to have to deal with retailers everyday. Just straight installs show up for work and work, were I was making about the same amount with GAS, van upkeep, and equipment cost.

The Tate said:
DTV for my company only $55 for a 3 rec. But like I said Gas, Van, Tools, EVERYTHING is paid for.

Direcway is 60 with 20 for poles. I can do 3 installs per day so between 180 to 240 per day. I usally do about 15 installs per week with 3 or 4 poles and 3 or 4 repairs which is $35.

I make between $850 to $1100 now with no money out of my pocket. No BS to have to deal with retailers everyday. Just straight installs show up for work and work, were I was making about the same amount with GAS, van upkeep, and equipment cost.

20 for a pole....too funny....100.00 or it don't go in.

3 IRD install is 100.00

hard wire phone lines are 35-65 per, i DON'T wall fish, PERIOD

and i also do 12 to 15 jobs per week.

i can also write off 46.5 cents per mile federal rate for MY truck times almost 29.000 miles last year.

i pay 15.00 per roll for solid copper 3 gig coax and 5.00 per bag for comp fittings. hell they throw in the barrels and flex clips for free.

The charge for the pole to the customer is 125. Like I said that is also supplied by my company. I charge $40 for wallfishes.

Can you write off more than 25000 miles? I could not last year I had almost 35000.

Great deal on the coax!

a 3 room install pays $91.20
god mileage...thats messed up i drove over 75000 miles last year

I cant get customers around here to pay $50-60 for a pole installation. They go off on you. They expect it to be done for FREE FREE FREE. The same when extra wire runs are required. I have lost sales because of this and I do not get many especially since DirecTv started their free deal without credit card required promo.

dragon002 said:
20 for a pole....too funny....100.00 or it don't go in.
3 IRD install is 100.00
hard wire phone lines are 35-65 per, i DON'T wall fish, PERIOD
and i also do 12 to 15 jobs per week.
i can also write off 46.5 cents per mile federal rate for MY truck times almost 29.000 miles last year.
i pay 15.00 per roll for solid copper 3 gig coax and 5.00 per bag for comp fittings. hell they throw in the barrels and flex clips for free.

wanna sell some of us some rolls of rg6 at that price, lol

3 box install here pays 90
post mount is 75
wall fish i charge 65 per wall i go through
.50 cents a foot for every foot over 125 for single
1.00 a foot for double
fishing through dropped ceiling is also custom and pays anywhere from 50 to 100

DAYUM....can u ship me some wire...im in PA.....lol...hell id drive half way to you...sh*t actually my family is near you im almost sure.....

Just to recap I received a letter this morning from my company stating that all DTV receivers HAD to be plugged into phone lines from now on no exemptions. If we fail to do it now its or jobs.

I am so glad I work with Dway everyday but feel sorry for the one's that don't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts