DIRECTV Price Increase 3/1/06???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

soundstation

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Directv is increasing programming prices an average of $3 starting 3/1/06. The good new however is that the HD Package is going down $1 to $9.99.
Total Choice w/Locals $44.99
Total Choice Plus w/Locals $49.99
Total Choice Premier w/Locals $99.99

Without Local Channels substract $3

(Note from Scott - There has been a fax that has been sent to some DirecTV dealers stating there is a price increase coming on March 1st, we have printed a copy of the fax in a message below, however we are not sure if this fax is really from DirecTV or not. More as we know it)

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense, but you have two posts (three now..), and we don't really know you from Jack S#*t. Scan the fax and post it, and/or let us know your crudentials (i.e., you work for D*? Distributor? HSP?).

I am a Retailer & don't post much on this board, just read what others say. Just giving a heads up.

juan said:
well scott, can you confirm???

Sorry I have heard nothing. As I posted in the other thread I only hear about a possible reduction.

I get all the DirecTV faxes and have not received anything about any increase.

Ok I take that back, its TRUE.

Here is a copy of the fax.

Attachments

• DTV Price Increase 3-1-06 FAQ.JPG
    DTV Price Increase 3-1-06 FAQ.JPG
    533.1 KB · Views: 1,134
Last edited:
I'm with Scott and I haven't heard jack and I've also heard about prices going down. I think its been quite clear that both Scott and I haven't heard anything about this. Scott I'm locking this thread so we don't have people thinking prices will increase.

Edit...God I'm so pissed at DirecTV right now. Why the hell won't they tell me the damn truth anymore. They promise one thing and blow another thing out their behinds. This company has officially driven me nuts.

SCOTT,

called my contacts at directv, hughes, dsi and p10, no one has heard of any price increase, and the contracts are printed 90 days in advance, they are all still the same.

who is this guy??? the son of ergen, or the spaun of cable>

Did you think that DISH & Cable would be the only ones raising prices? The programmers give everyone an increase. This has happened the last few rate increases. DISH goes first then a month or so later DIRECTV announces.

Bob see above, looks like it is true, and I know a few people that have received the fax. I am told everyone else will get it tommorow. :(

dragon002 said:
SCOTT,
called my contacts at directv, hughes, dsi and p10, no one has heard of any price increase, and the contracts are printed 90 days in advance, they are all still the same.
who is this guy??? the son of ergen, or the spaun of cable>

I also called one of my contacts who just happen to pick up his cell and he says this letter isn't official. I have no clue what is going on with this. Everyone has been very sure that price reductions were coming not an increase.

Edit....just got a call from another contact and the memo is true and will be going out soon. I'm so ticked off right now I could drink myself to death. This company just never does what they say anymore do they Scott.

Last edited:
I just got a call from someone else who got this notice. He didn't know that we had it up here yet.

Looks like it is indeed true.

LonghornXP said:
I also called one of my contacts who just happen to pick up his cell and he says this letter isn't official. I have no clue what is going on with this. Everyone has been very sure that price reductions were coming not an increase.

Edit....just got a call from another contact and the memo is true and will be going out soon. I'm so ticked off right now I could drink myself to death. This company just never does what they say anymore do they Scott.
They reduced the cost of the(almost) HD package!!!

I for one don't believe that FAX is genuine. There is no other information on it showing time of day, etc, etc. Maybe a copy of the cover sheet that came with it would help convince me.

Did anyone think that Directv was not going to raise their prices? The programmers increase everyones prices. This happened the last few years. First DISH announces the DTV follows a month or so later.

OK, TC Permier is going up $2 over TC Plus, but no change in the prices of the premium channel packages? So how can they say the price of the programming is going up but not then also increase the price of the individual premium packages?

So no new HD, no new SD channels that folks want, but they do give us a price increase. Can't wait for Saturday when Comcast comes out. Yea, they raise their rates also but I'll get more SD and HD channels.

At this rate TC is going to be $50 next year. This is ridiculous. Analog cable and a mythbox is looking better and better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)