directv protection plan ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

futbolrey

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
is the directv protection plan worth buying?

under the plan it says that it covers
Replacement of defective equipment including remotes and receivers (if problem
cannot be resolved over the phone)
- Coverage of wiring, satellite antenna, connections/switches, and more
- Power surge related repairs
- Dish antenna realignments
- 24-hour technical support
- In home service calls (if necessary)

will they charge me extra for these services or is it included in the 5.99 charge

futbolrey said:
is the directv protection plan worth buying?

under the plan it says that it covers
Replacement of defective equipment including remotes and receivers (if problem
cannot be resolved over the phone)
- Coverage of wiring, satellite antenna, connections/switches, and more
- Power surge related repairs
- Dish antenna realignments
- 24-hour technical support
- In home service calls (if necessary)

will they charge me extra for these services or is it included in the 5.99 charge

Everything above is included in that 5.99/month with no extra fees. Just keep in mind that only the basic boxes are covered under that 5.99/month plan. If you have a DTivo, HD Tivo and/or an HD box you must order the advanced plan which costs 7.99/month and that plan includes everything in the 5.99/month plan but it also covers the DTivos, HD tivo and the HD boxes.

Hope this helps you and one rule of thumb is if you ever have a problem with the box that needs replacing don't you ever ever say or hint that the problem is an existing problem. They will give you such hell even if you mistakenly hint it even though the truth is that it isn't an existing problem. I had to deal with this problem even though my issue wasn't an existing one but once they got that in their heads they wouldn't budge until I called my brother who checked everything out and fired a few people. I say this because you won't be so lucky to be related to someone who can do this. For you its best to avoid this problem from the start.

I'd say definitely worth it. My original RCA DTC100 was upgraded to a Toshiba then to a Sammy TS-160 - all thanks to the protection plan. Plus numerous SD box replacements.

I say worth it.

I've had D* since January, and have spent $48 on Protection Plan fees.
Early this month, we had a huge storm with 80mph winds that blew EVERYONE's dish off access.

I called in. Boom. Free service call.

So right out of the gate I've saved $22. (A service call is usually $70.)

I agree its worth the money. I've had two DTivos, one HD box and three HD Tivo boxes replaced using this plan. Now the HD Tivo was replaced three times within thirty days because I got unlucky and had one DOA, one with the OTA tuner not working and the other didn't have a working HDMI connection. Once I got that far I asked for my 1 grand back and decided to wait until things matured. It ended up being a great move because that is when I found out about the switchover and lack of new HD content. That gave me a good chance to switch over to cable until things pan out. I don't really favor one provider over another but I won't pay good money for crap. Whoever has the best deal (that won't always mean price for me) will have my business. Heck if Verizon FIOS ends up costing me a tad bit more than D* (I highly doubt that with bundles) if they have everything available while D* doesn't I sure as heck wouldn't stay with D*. It just all depends.

I know I went off subject for a while there but the bottom line is if you have HD hardware and/or DVR hardware its worth every penny.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts