Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am thinking of upgrading my DIRECTV equipment, Currently I have a DIRECTV 5 LNB DISH which is hooked to a SWM 8 switch which is run to a HR24.

I am thinking of upgrading to a H44 and C61K and possibly using the RVU in my Samsung TV.

Is the easiest way to do this by adding a Deca? If yes I see there is a Gen 1 deca and Gen 2 DECA which one should I get?

Thanks!

Both DECA are functionally equivalent the new one just looks a little more modern.

Why go with the H44 and not just get a HR44? The monthly fee will be the same either way and I really don't see any speed difference between the two.

I take it the that you'll be ordering the external drive to it so you'll be able to download 4K comtent.

I am thinking of upgrading my DIRECTV equipment, Currently I have a DIRECTV 5 LNB DISH which is hooked to a SWM 8 switch which is run to a HR24.

I am thinking of upgrading to a H44 and C61K and possibly using the RVU in my Samsung TV.

Is the easiest way to do this by adding a Deca? If yes I see there is a Gen 1 deca and Gen 2 DECA which one should I get?

Thanks!

you already have a genie? which one?
genie + what you added will be 8 tuners. if you have anything else you need an swm upgrade

you already have a genie? which one?
genie + what you added will be 8 tuners. if you have anything else you need an swm upgrade
Doesn't say anything about having a Genie currently ... Why would,they send him a H44 and not a HR44 is confusing.

If Scott already has a Genie, that answers the question of whether or not you can have a Genie and an H44 on the same account. I've been told by several Directv employees that you can't, but I still maintain that there is no restriction against it.

C61K and rvu require a genie, so he must have one
Read the original question, he says he's planning on adding a H44 and C61W and may RVU on his TV, Scott never said he had any of those, just a HR24.

Read the original question, he says he's planning on adding a H44 and C61W and may RVU on his TV, Scott never said he had any of those, just a HR24.
agreed, but he cannot add the c61 unless he has a genie, or rvu the tv

If Scott already has a Genie, that answers the question of whether or not you can have a Genie and an H44 on the same account. I've been told by several Directv employees that you can't, but I still maintain that there is no restriction against it.
You'd be wrong, go ahead and try to get two Genie's ac
agreed, but he cannot add the c61 unless he has a genie, or rvu the tv

He did say he was also adding a Genie, the H44 is a Genie, Genie-Lite if no external drive or a regular Genie if it does have a drive.

You'd be wrong, go ahead and try to get two Genie's ac

He did say he was also adding a Genie, the H44 is a Genie, Genie-Lite if no external drive or a regular Genie if it does have a drive.
An H44 isn't a Genie.

the H44 will run the C61k as stated. the RVU functionality has gotten kind of mixed reviews, but TBH, you're still using a piece of hardware behind the TV with its own plug, so i dont *really* see the advantage to running RVU over a client. as for 4k, you should spring for the EHDD so you can actually watch the 4k programs, which to my knowledge, are almost entirely from the on demand section.

if you're talking about using the deca for the RVU, then i'd probably say go with a gen 2, if its for connecting to the internet, probably gen 1, it looks like it'll sit next to a router easier because it doesnt have stuff comming out both ends.

Thanks!
I have a hr44, hr24 and wireless mini with wh setup, plugged ethernet cable directly into hr44, no deca and it works fine.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
I have a hr44, hr24 and wireless mini with wh setup, plugged ethernet cable directly into hr44, no deca and it works fine.
Yea that works for the HR44 or HR34 but Scott said H44 and that box does not have an Ethernet port on it.

Well I got the H44 and 4k Genie (C61K) in today. Now I need to figure how to hook them up since both of them do not have a ethernet jack so that I can use VOD still.

So whats the best way to hook this up? Remember I have a SWM8 outside.

Good timing the old HR24 I have is now reporting issues with its hard drive.

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)