Directv Reciever in Argentina

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

julioubide

Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
I have a D10-300 Directv reciever in my home in Miami that I do not use any longer. I would like to take it to my home in Argentina and use it in my guest room with an extra access card I have there in Argentina. Will this reciever work down there.

I doubt HIGHHHHHHHHHHHLY that you will get decent signal down that far. The footprint is super accurate these days on D*.

-B

I already have directv service in Argentina but I just thought the reciever would be able to work with an Argentine access card to recieve the Latin American satellite. I am sorry I just do not know much about this type of technology.

They are picky on access card usage. I wanted to activate an old receiver (freebie from neighbor)

Long story short. I had to order a fresh access card. They wouldn't let me use the old one. I'd ask everyone in the D* forum.

I already have directv service in Argentina but I just thought the reciever would be able to work with an Argentine access card to recieve the Latin American satellite. I am sorry I just do not know much about this type of technology.

You have nothing to lose ............ Try it ! ( besides lugging it to South America )

It is a unique situation , you have service for Direct TV Latin America in Argentina and want to use an American Direct TV Receiver.

If you try it , let us know if it works.

I would think that if you contacted Direct TV Latin America to see if the receiver is compatible they may have a better answer .

Access cards are married to a receiver and customer. Once activated a card has to remain in that machine and under the same owners account. I do not think there is a technical reason for this, only DTV policy.

Directv SA is a different service using different satellites. I don't believe the american receivers are compatible with the SA system nothing to do with access cards.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts