DIRECTV Remains Clear HD Leader with 130 HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Really! Wow! Thats right because you say so!. Sorry I keep forgetting! You Have got to be joking!:rolleyes:
Why don't you quote my entire post instead of editing it to fit your response. I provided ways to prove it, yet you conveniently left it out of the quote.

No Hemi, at least I was trying to figure out your saying you don't watch SD programs with black bars and you don't want SD programming that's stretched, you said "I turn on the SD Version that fills the screen properly", I was trying to find out what you were watching since SD 4:3 progamming is going to do one or the other, that's a fact.

And to be honest, since you dumped D* you're just becoming a troll IMHO over here. Don't have to worry about any future responses from me, you're now on ignore. Enjoy your downrez'ed, over compressed HD channels on E* and we'll enjoy our full rez/non overcompressed HD on D*. Bye
C' YA

What don't you guys get? Black bars on the side , ISN"T HD. I don't watch SD on HD channels. MTV right now . Do you think I'm going to watch MTV SD channel or HD channel? SD, Why Because thats what its being broadcast in 480, Not 720 or 1080. Get it yet! OMG! Making your Receiver upconvert a 480 program to 1080 looks like crap. If your watching it in pillar box mode its ok but if you want it to fill the screen its no better quality then the SD channel version. I want to see proof that the HD channel playing SD is any different then the SD version as far as PQ goes.

So upconverting DVD players must also look like crap since it is doing the same thing the receiver is doing.

Because its an SD program
So??? It still looks better on an HD channel.

A DVD only displays SD programs as well, but you would have to admit that the picture looks better when played on an upconverting DVD player than it does on a standard one. You mean to tell me that if you had the choice you would only play standard DVDs on a standard player because both are SD over playing it on an upconverter player?

I wouldn't know , Since I have a DVD player ,and a Blu-Ray.
Your Blue Ray is an upconverter. Doesn't the SD DVD look better when played in your Blue Ray than it does through your standard DVD player? (Assuming everything is calibrated properly)

Wow, its amazing how a simple HD roll out will turn people against each other. Who cares? If you are happy, so what. You want premiums, and E* gave them to you great!! You want sports, and D* gave you a liitle more, great!!!!

Lets take a step back and relax. This isnt even in the WAR ZONE......yet. If it were, continue I guess.....

I wouldn't know , Since I have a DVD player ,and a Blu-Ray.
You WOULD know then. Any DVD you play is UPCONVERTED to your TV, by one thing or the other. Any DVD you play on the Blu-Ray player is upconverted also. Unless you watch only blu ray or HD DVD, it is upconverted somewhere. Even then its stil in most cases scaled at some point.

So??? It still looks better on an HD channel.

A DVD only displays SD programs as well, but you would have to admit that the picture looks better when played on an upconverting DVD player than it does on a standard one. You mean to tell me that if you had the choice you would only play standard DVDs on a standard player because both are SD over playing it on an upconverter player?
I never tried a regular DVD in a blu ray. I don't have an Upconvert DVD player either. I've seen them , but never bought one.

You WOULD know then. Any DVD you play is UPCONVERTED to your TV, by one thing or the other. Any DVD you play on the Blu-Ray player is upconverted also. Unless you watch only blu ray or HD DVD, it is upconverted somewhere. Even then its stil in most cases scaled at some point.
But DVD's even look good on SD TV's. Better then SD programming looks on SD TV's. Thats not a compressed signal for one. I'm not sure how you can even compair a DVD to a satellite tv signal. Maybe you could explain?

I never tried a regular DVD in a blu ray. I don't have an Upconvert DVD player either. I've seen them , but never bought one.
Try playing your standard DVDs on your blue ray player. :up

You would be amazed at how much better the picture will look. In fact I have a standard DVD player, a blue ray player (PS3), and an HD-DVD player (Toby A-30). I no longer use the standard player at all because both the blue ray and the HD-DVD player display my standard DVDs with a much improved PQ over the standard one.:)

But DVD's even look good on SD TV's. Better then SD programming looks on SD TV's. Thats not a compressed signal for one. I'm not sure how you can even compair a DVD to a satellite tv signal. Maybe you could explain?
That is true. Also, upconverted standard DVDs from you blue ray will look better than a lot of HD programs on many of the HD stations shown on satellite.

DVD's uses MPEG2 for the dvd and satellite uses MPEG2 for their SD channels right now. I guess they both compress with the same type of compression. This is how you can compair the two.

But Blu Ray is True 1080p isn't it?
Most blue ray disc are. And you can set your blue ray player to upconvert all SD to 1080p, so your SD DVDs would look better on your blue ray player than they do on your SD player. Seriously, try it, you would be pleased.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts