Directv RSN's HD News Dates Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well its "August"..........is CSN up and running in Chitown?

What I find interesting about all of this is how they are providing FSN Florida to more than one Florida DMA, and it says Comcast Chicago will also be available to Indie - yet they are NOT providing most Connecticut residents with either YES or NESN. Obviously they just have to throw it up for them on the Hartford beam - in Florida they are throwing the signal up on 3 spot beams.

I read in some of these threads that DirecTv is claiming they have no more 'room' on the Hartford beam, but that really makes no sense either. Gotta be some other thing going on there.

I lived in Indy and the issue is that they do not really have a FSN for the area. They get FS mid west that is out of St Louis and has 100% St Louis coverage and commercials and shows ZERO coverage of ANYTHING that happens in Indy. Sorry but I would think they could have a 5 second blurb that the Indy 500 was happening or the colts were in the playoffs when the rams were watching on TV, or the Pacers were in the NBA finals, But they had to cover the local community collage intramural under water basket weaving quarter finals!!!

What about the Milwaukee/Madison FSN in HD? Man I just re-upped with D* and got the 5lnb with h-20's installed a couple weeks ago in hopes of getting Brewers or Bucks games in HD even though Madison's LIL's don't come on board yet so a while. While the SD picture looks better and seems to be less blocking on OTA and HD in general, it sure would be nice if D* could quite crapping themselves and actually offer their customers MORE HD. What happened to the pretty ads about the leader in HD? And what about the new sats that went up last year? If they offer LIL HD to the biggest markets why not add more national HD on those birds to those customers as they must constitute a great majority of their HD base in mpeg-4. I'll shut up.

It's august, and I still get YES Network games in HD on channel 95 (with mpeg 2, but I have an H20 and a 3 lnb dish)...

aec4 said:
It's august, and I still get YES Network games in HD on channel 95 (with mpeg 2, but I have an H20 and a 3 lnb dish)...

That isn't going away. It's the special events channel and on MPEG2. Come hockey season there will be NHL games there and NBA games as well. It's been there for a couple years and will continue.

Washington DC CSN-MA Launch Date : TBD ?? That is strange, I thought it was supposed to be in August. Must be some contract disputes between D*, Comcast, and Angelos. Gotta love it :(

ScoBuck said:
It launched yesterday - right on schedule. That spreasheet was probably an earlier copy of the roll-out.

Thanks ScoBuck good to know :)

According to the PDF, only DC will get CSN in HD.

Does this mean Baltimore won't?? That would be pretty stupid...

They show Cleveland as receiving FSN Ohio in October. What about the people in the Columbus area? They better add it to both spot beams. I need my Blue Jackets in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)