69.8 KB · Views: 557
  • Screenshot_20190208-094919_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190208-094919_Gmail.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 550
Reactions: ejb1980
This is the consolidation changes
Very interesting and informative;

Thanks a lot for posting that ...

While most everything in the chart is as I suspected. What's surprising is that it appears that PR is eventually going back to using 110w or a re-biased 119w satellite as evidenced by still requiring a SL-5 LNB for all install WOs including those generated by the newest "stack."

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Swamptech
The edgecutter forum team reported something like 150 reverse band channels went live this week.

Yeah, apparently all of the international and Spanish channels from the 95 and 119 are now visible to anyone with a RB setup, no need for the 119 or 95 at all soon. There is still a quirk with the music channels from 119 and Unimas HD, according to reports from the same site. The music channels from the 95 are working, for at least one person.

But if you have a 3 LNB RB setup, you should be able to view Unimas (in HD when it is fixed) 408 , Once (447), Enlace (448), HITN (461), INCTV (2000-something), MHZ Worldview (2000-something), and CGTN (2119) without the need for a 95 or 119 setup. Those channels are included in most English packages or are PI. Mhz Worldview is also an OTA subchannel in some markets. The other channels in the international and Spanish packages should now be visible in the guide, but not watchable without the necessary subscription.

While most everything in the chart is as I suspected. What's surprising is that it appears that PR is eventually going back to using 110w or a re-biased 119w satellite as evidenced by still requiring a SL-5 LNB for all install WOs including those generated by the newest "stack."

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk

The title says it all "Orbital Slot Consolidation"

That is unless doing this just to PR is part of DIRECTV making an excuse to keep the tps. on 110 and/or 119 active and thereby out of DISH's future hands.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

That is unless doing this just to PR is part of DIRECTV making an excuse to keep the tps. on 110 and/or 119 active and thereby out of DISH's future hands.

That's only talking about Feb. 10th - 110 is still technically active for PR and will probably remain so until T16 launches and they reach their final satellite configuration. Just in case they need to move things around and PR needs 110 back for a short time when things are moved.

It also says that Hawaii will need the big dish - they will as of Feb. 10th but once D4S/D9S retire and T15 takes over the even transponders that should no longer be the case.

I still wonder why they waited so long to do this, at least with the international channels...

That's only talking about Feb. 10th - 110 is still technically active for PR and will probably remain so until T16 launches and they reach their final satellite configuration. Just in case they need to move things around and PR needs 110 back for a short time when things are moved.

It also says that Hawaii will need the big dish - they will as of Feb. 10th but once D4S/D9S retire and T15 takes over the even transponders that should no longer be the case.

I still wonder why they waited so long to do this, at least with the international channels...
Ok, sounds reasonable ....

But I wonder that if this chart is to be rigedly applied as of 2/10. Does that mean if something goes wrong with my installation such as a bad LNB, and I call DIRECTV to fix it under my P.P.

Since with 1 Genie and 5 HR24s puts me under the "Default over 13 tuners" catagory.

Is the tech. going to insist on a legacy SL-5RB + DSWIM-30 installation?

Plus place NAS 9501 diplexers across the DSWIM-30's outlet ports to support my WH capability?

They cannot abandon 110/119 because then Dish could possibly get the licenses for free.

By keeping them active, they not only deny Dish but can work out a trade.

I suspect 110/110 possibly with the respective satellites will go to Dish, but will likely be for some wireless spectrum that Dish is holding on to

They cannot abandon 110/119 because then Dish could possibly get the licenses for free.

By keeping them active, they not only deny Dish but can work out a trade.

I suspect 110/110 possibly with the respective satellites will go to Dish, but will likely be for some wireless spectrum that Dish is holding on to

It doesn't matter if they quit broadcasting to customers from 110 & 119, so long as they have satellites up there they are fulfilling the conditions of their license. When those satellites get old, if they don't move something into place then they are no longer fulfilling the terms of their license but from what I understand it could take a long time before the FCC revokes the license.

Even then Dish can only request the licenses in 60 day increments, and if someone else came along wanting to use them they would get them since Dish already has multiple licenses. I wouldn't have thought it was possible that another satellite company would come along, but there's now this company called Orby that's using two FSS slots to broadcast a bunch of SD channels for discount packages. If they (or someone imitating them) could get 11 full power Ku slots they'd be able to offer HD channels so Dish might not get the transponders at 119 no matter what they do.

It isn't clear whether a "trade" or any sort of transfer between Directv and Dish is even possible - it would have to be approved by the FCC at the very least, and others interested in those slots could object. Maybe there's a way around that, if Directv maintains the license and leases the slots to Dish or something, but if the FCC had someone else who wanted to compete as a discount no sports / no locals satellite competitor like Orby, they could find a way to make sure Dish can't get those slots.

As they stand, trying to crowd a package into two transponders that's obviously not going to work very well even with HEVC compression. But if they can make a year maybe they will have a chance to have 11 transponders...

Given that they are targeting the low end market, they don't need a lot of space - they offer 41 channels for $40 and 57 channels for $50, plus a couple four channel add ons for Starz/Epix at $6/each. So they need to carry only 65 channels total. With 11 transponders they could add more, or just have really damn high quality - noticeably exceeding that of Directv, let alone Dish.

I think last week's major implementation of Reverse Band (17/24 Ghz BSS) transmissions is the biggest technological advancement in USA satellite TV in at least the last decade.

Reactions: HoTat2
I think last week's major implementation of Reverse Band (17/24 Ghz BSS) transmissions is the biggest technological advancement in USA satellite TV in at least the last decade.
Much agreed ...

At least as big an advancement since DIRECTV first began broadcasting on the Ka band.

Reactions: nelson61
I'm not seeing any of the 99cr channels that were formerly on 95 or 119, not even when guide is set to All Channels, is that something that's supposed to come to those with a RB LNB later?

I'm not seeing any of the 99cr channels that were formerly on 95 or 119, not even when guide is set to All Channels, is that something that's supposed to come to those with a RB LNB later?
No, quite the opposite ...

If you have a reverse band capable LNB nothing from 95 or 119w should be receivable or displayed in the guide any longer even if you have the dish equipment for those slots. Except possibly for 13 MC channels in the 9500 channel range which are still erroneously coming from 119w.

What model receiver do you have?

As you may need to rerun the receiver setup as I have an HR24 which did that, didn't display any of the new channels in the guide on "99R." And found out that while it was detecting a RB LNB (a 5D2RB type) for some reason wasn't displaying any of the RB signal level screens.

Re-running the setup fixed it.

Reactions: skinnyJM
Thanks HoTat2! My setup is in my signature and includes "...HR44-500, HR24-500 (x2), C51-100 and SlimLine stub mount with 3D2RBLNBR0-01."
As you also mentioned, my receivers too have been detecting the RB LNB I have (and they have been since it was installed by DIRECTV in 2016 as a replacement for other equipment gone bad), but to see the 99cr & 103cr transponders and have them appear in the signal strength meters, I had to rerun satellite setup as you suggested. Now the channels show in the guide, but of course with the XTRA package we will not veiwing all of them!
As others have stated, the Music Choice show "To Be Announced" (or similar).
Thanks again for getting it figured out!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)