directv satelite change?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I’m not mistaken, can reverse band be done on the regular DBS KU satellites ?

How many reverse band transponders did Directv add at 99 and 103?

Reverse band is a separate frequency range with an unfortunate name, you can't do it with Ku satellites, or Ka satellites. The satellite has to have transponders designed for the frequency range (17.3 - 17.7 GHz) that "reverse band" uses. T14 and T15, and the upcoming T16 have been designed with a full complement of reverse band transponders. T11 & T12 had a couple reverse band spot beams they used for internal testing.

They are licensed for 18 reverse band transponders at 99 & 103. Right now they can't use 103cr because T15 is at 101. Once T16 launches and becomes operational they'll be able to use 103cr (not that they will have enough to fill up even 99cr for years)

... T11 & T12 had a couple reverse band spot beams they used for internal testing. ...

Was never sure about the exact name or specs. for the RB test payload on T11. Think it has a CONUS wide beam, but does not have the full 18 transponders.

But T12's RB test payload is called "RB-2A." And has the full 18 transponders feeding four spotbeams to Alaska, Seattle, WA., SLC, UT., and El Paso, TX.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

They are using the DBS (12.2-12-7/17) uplink band frequencies as downlink bands.

They use 24Ghz band as the uplink in this mode.

That's why the FCC name is 17/24 GHz BSS. (Broadcast Satellite Service).

I don't think you will find the term "reverse band" in their tech definitions even though both applicants and FCC staff use it in narrations.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 9.40.20 PM.png

Pardon me if this has been answered already but what is on the reverse band and do I need to upgrade my LNBF to one anytime soon? Planning on keeping these HR24's for a long time...

Pardon me if this has been answered already but what is on the reverse band and do I need to upgrade my LNBF to one anytime soon? Planning on keeping these HR24's for a long time...

Unless you get an HR54 or Genie 2 and 4K client, or decide to add a subscription to Spanish or international programming this year, you don't need it.

Unless you get an HR54 or Genie 2 and 4K client, or decide to add a subscription to Spanish or international programming this year, you don't need it.

I currently have a SWM SL5, I bought my own SL5 off EBay a few years ago to get the extra few music channels that are on 119. Where will those be moving to?

I currently have a SWM SL5, I bought my own SL5 off EBay a few years ago to get the extra few music channels that are on 119. Where will those be moving to?

So far the same as all International and Spanish TV programming on 95 and 119w. To the Reverse Band at 99w (or "99cr"). At least for the time being.

Don't know if that will be their permanent home though, but even if it were your non-RB LNB should continue to work for receiving those music channels on 119w for the foreseeable future since DIRECTV will have to keep the legacy duplicates on 95/119 up as there are many current subscribers who use them and can't receive the RB.

They are currently mirrored on reverse band, but I'm pretty sure when they are dropped from 119 they will move off reverse band onto Ka so people like you with an SL5 will still be able to get them. Otherwise they would have to go to every Spanish and international subscriber and upgrade them to a reverse band LNB which would cost millions. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Occasionally, we have seen people posting throughout the years hoping to get MHZ Worldview, which is a PI channel on the 95. If someone wanted to get that channel now, all they would need is a SL3 RB LNB, right?

Occasionally, we have seen people posting throughout the years hoping to get MHZ Worldview, which is a PI channel on the 95. If someone wanted to get that channel now, all they would need is a SL3 RB LNB, right?
Yep ....

I have MHzW now with an SL5 RB LNB, which for all practical purposes is virtually a SL-3RB now.

Since to prevent SD channel duplication, DIRECTV now blocks nearly all channels from 119 (and "all" of 95w if you have that dish) from reception and guide display if your receiver detects you have a RB LNB.

All I can see from 119w now are the 13 MC channel duplicates between chs. 9560 and 9574 used for the commercial package.

They are currently mirrored on reverse band, but I'm pretty sure when they are dropped from 119 they will move off reverse band onto Ka so people like you with an SL5 will still be able to get them. Otherwise they would have to go to every Spanish and international subscriber and upgrade them to a reverse band LNB which would cost millions. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Are you sure about that? I'm at a family member's house with a SL3RB and can not find "Sounds of the Season"...

Are you sure about that? I'm at a family member's house with a SL3RB and can not find "Sounds of the Season"...
To note:

I and others here should have mentioned that DIRECTV is having technical issues with the new MC channels mirrored on the RB.

For many, the 16 MC channels on RB are currently not playing any music and only display "TBA" for guide info.

For a few others like me, the channels play music, but like the majority, have no guide data either ("TBA").

S-of-the-S (or "MCSS") should be on your family members channel 815, but as I said may not play and has no guide data ...

To note:

I and others here should have mentioned that DIRECTV is having technical issues with the new MC channels mirrored on the RB.

For many, the 16 MC channels on RB are currently not playing any music and only display "TBA" for guide info.

For a few others like me, the channels play music, but like the majority, have no guide data either ("TBA").

S-of-the-S (or "MCSS") should be on your family members channel 815, but as I said may not play and has no guide data ...

"Channel Not Available"

Yeah as HoTat2 mentioned they are having a few teething pains with this new capability - the channels only went live last week. I'm sure they'll get it figured out pretty soon, though it might take a little while if it needs a firmware update to the receivers to fully fix.

Yep ....

I have MHzW now with an SL5 RB LNB, which for all practical purposes is virtually a SL-3RB now.

Since to prevent SD channel duplication, DIRECTV now blocks nearly all channels from 119 (and "all" of 95w if you have that dish) from reception and guide display if your receiver detects you have a RB LNB.

All I can see from 119w now are the 13 MC channel duplicates between chs. 9560 and 9574 used for the commercial package.

I have seen INCTV listed on the old Directv website included like MHZ Worldview, is that there, too?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)