Directv Service From Dish Network Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryanlange1

Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
I am adding a TV to my work office, which is in a seperate building 100 feet from my house or so. There is a 2 LNB satallite dish from Dish Network all set up down there from the previous owner from the shed. Would that work to pick up Directv channels with an allignment, or do I have to buy a brand new Directv dish? Directv tells me that they would need to charge for the new equipment since it is a seperate building. I can install everything myself but just want to check to see if I can save some money. It won't be HD down there right now anyway, just the SD channels (SD DVR).

I can't find much in depth on the forum about this. I can recieve a full signal on the 101 satellite on only 3 transponders, and also on the 119 satellite on 2 transponders. It is only working through 1 coax cable (because I did see that the Dish Network switch will only work with their equipment). I haven't played around with the allignment too much yet because I wanted to see if this was even possible or not.

I can't find much in depth on the forum about this. I can recieve a full signal on the 101 satellite on only 3 transponders, and also on the 119 satellite on 2 transponders. It is only working through 1 coax cable (because I did see that the Dish Network switch will only work with their equipment). I haven't played around with the allignment too much yet because I wanted to see if this was even possible or not.

If the LNBs on the DISH dish you have say DP or DPP then no it won't work.Your best bet is find a triple LNB DirecTV dish like from ebay.Then your set.;)

You can use it. If that Dish has two seperate LNBS and they DO NOT have DP on them, you can connect your receiver to the 110 LNB, and move the dish 9 degrees east to the 101. You will have to change elevation depending on your location, but it will work just fine.

It is important that the dish has two seperate LNBS and not one unit with two eyes (feeds) on the front.

Status
Please reply by conversation.