Directv SignalSaver

Miller426

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
I am surprised this has not been a topic of conversation here or perhaps it was and I missed it. It appears Directv can now switch from Satellite to IP stream in the event of signal interruption. This was a feature tossed around back when AT&T purchased Directv.

Reactions: dtv757
I am surprised this has not been a topic of conversation here or perhaps it was and I missed it. It appears Directv can now switch from Satellite to IP stream in the event of signal interruption. This was a feature tossed around back when AT&T purchased Directv.

It's been in effect for a few months and already discussed here.

Thanks. Then the article is full of it because it says they started it on Oct 20th. I didn't see anything related when I searched for SignalSaver.

Thanks. Then the article is full of it because it says they started it on Oct 20th. I didn't see anything related when I searched for SignalSaver.
I don't recall it having a name, so perhaps it was technically released on the 20th but was in use before.

We probably been using thier Beta software prior to the date listed.

I've had it pop up a few times for me, but I'm also not on the National Released Software.

First time I noticed it was early September -I'm am not a national release ever - heavy rain knocked out the signal and the channel I was watching suddenly offered it streamed! - I would NOTE that it will stream the Channel forever until you turn the receiver off or change the channel --Also it will only offer Streaming if the Channel you're watching content can be found on the internet.

Reactions: Jimbo
First time I noticed it was early September -I'm am not a national release ever - heavy rain knocked out the signal and the channel I was watching suddenly offered it streamed! - I would NOTE that it will stream the Channel forever until you turn the receiver off or change the channel --Also it will only offer Streaming if the Channel you're watching content can be found on the internet.
I doubt that turning the recvr Off disconnects the Stream, seeing it is never really Off, however, changing the channel will do the trick.

Reactions: vazhog
By content found on the internet, do you mean it will only play on demand content or are you referring to live channels found on the app?

By content found on the internet, do you mean it will only play on demand content or are you referring to live channels found on the app?
only Live Content found on the internet --If you are watching a live channel and lose signal if that content can be streamed it will offer it.

if you are watching a recorded show or a downloaded show --signal loss would never affect that viewing --unless it was lost during the recording --if that is the case --I have no knowledge if it would offer any resolution for that.

Reactions: Miller426
i noted more channels were recently added including some RSNs

Attachments

• Keep-Watching-With-Broadband-Channels1 (1).pdf
    64.5 KB · Views: 112