DirecTV Slim Line in Florida for FTA, need help

Discussion in 'Free To Air (FTA) Discussion' started by Technojunky, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Technojunky

Technojunky Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Pro

I did get the lnb to standard, and all the other settings you suggested were right on. It was too dark to see what I was doing on the dish. I also have a Pansat, but it is a 3500, and very old compared to the Amiko . I keep watching craigs list for someone wanting to get rid of a bigger round dish.

2. a33

a33 SatelliteGuys Pro

What LO(starting)-number do you get when you choose 'standard', then?
    Otherwise choose USER and add 10750, though I guess it should work with Universal and 10750 and 10750 set as values.

Greetz,
    A33

Edit: Ah! You posted in the meantime.....

3. catamount

catamount SatelliteGuys Pro

Your Location
    Latitude: 27.2545°
    Longitude: -80.2298°
    Satellite Data
    Name: 97W GALAXY 19 (G-19)
    Distance: 36891km
    Dish Setup Data
    Elevation: 53.1°
    Azimuth (true): 213.4°
    Azimuth (magn.): 220.2°
    LNB Skew [?]: 29.3°

If you have the lnb with a rectangular base that slides into the arm. then you will have to skew the dish. Set the dish to 119 ( 90 plus the 29 degree skew for 97 west). Disregard if your setup lets you twist or skew the lnb.

Catamount
    [​IMG]

4. Technojunky

I was trying again today, and the gutters and downspout are awfully close to the proximity of the dish path, too close for comfort. I got very close to what i needed, but the receiver never moved off of yellow. I read your post Catamount, and I'm not sure which is the skew adjustment, except there was a adjustment for a twisting of the arm holding the LNB, so I would assume that is it. I did try turnthat in both directions for the strongest signal. I feel that i might have to put a pole in concrete and move the dish away from the house a bit. The path is in the clear, so I have to think that the gutter down spout is messing with me. I can only verify this if there is another strong satellite I can get from here, that will have me swing the dish so far south.

5. comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb Dogs have owners, cats have staff
    Pub Member / Supporter

But you did get a signal lock??

6. Technojunky

I could get a tone on the simple satellite detector, and I kept turning it to 5 or 4 and kept tuning it up to 10 many times, so I was sure I was pointing at it, yet I could not get the receiver to go above yellow, it never hit green.

#26 Technojunky, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:29 PM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 7:54 PM
  7. Comptech

Comptech SatelliteGuys Pro

Techno, go hunting for a old primestar dish or better yet a 1 meter channel master. It will make your life alot easier. By the way I am from Stuart, but now living and loving the mountain life of upstate SC.

8. KE4EST

KE4EST SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
    Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

On a dish like that, make sure your LNBF is at 0 and skew your whole dish. If you are not skewing the dish on a smaller dish like this, you will never get it.

Separate names with a comma.

More...