DirecTV Sues Dish Network Retailer

Dah-Henny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Boone, North Carolina
Its happens on both sides of the fence.

I know plenty of stories of DISH customers being called and swapped to DIRECTV with similar types of calls. I also know of a lot of calls where they want you to let them give you all new equipment where basically they set you up as a new customer, even though your not.

I think the word for it is called FRAUD. And its sad to see, although I can't think of another industry where stuff like this doesn't go on.

This is such a joke. DirecTV does the same exact thing. This happened in my town two years ago. Mediacom once went around cutting the cable from people's dishes just so the customer would lose service, get mad and hopefully switch to cable. This crap happens nation wide and usually DirecTV and Dish have nothing to do with it, it's the retailer.

About a week after I did a Dish-n-Up to HD, I got a knock on the front door...salesperson asked how I liked my new install so far and that they could save me money on my programming. After more prodding, I figured out it was a Uverse salesperson trying to trick me into switching. When I noticed the AT&T symbol on her shirt, I called her on it, and she had the gall to try to tell me that AT&T had recently bought out Dish. There is no level too low these companies will stoop to.

About a week after I did a Dish-n-Up to HD, I got a knock on the front door...salesperson asked how I liked my new install

...and she had the gall to try to tell me that AT&T had recently bought out Dish. There is no level too low these companies will stoop to.
Do/say what it takes to get the sale.

How did she know you had a new (recent) install ? I seriously doubt that ATT has access to Dish's customer records (while Dish certainly has ATT's Dish customers).

Any guess is as good as mine. Maybe the ATT person/people were canvassing the area and noticed the Dish truck in my driveway, and then came back a few days later.

Mediacom once went around cutting the cable from people's dishes just so the customer would lose service, get mad and hopefully switch to cable.

God, I hope the local podunk cable company here doesn't think of that one...sounds just like something they would pull. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)