Directv sues Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
E* top 200 is $52.99, so why would you try to compair that to Choice extra? Naturally it would beat the Top 200.
Top 200 is Like D* Choice pack. It always has been.
Top 120 is in a class of its own
Top 250 used to be in a class of its own , just like choice extra, But Now D* has Choice Ultimate, Now you have a pack thats close to E* Top 250 pack. Except D* wants to charge $6 more for it.

E* top 200 is $52.99, so why would you try to compair that to choice extra?
Top 200 is Like D* Choice pack. It always has been.
Top 120 is in a class of its own
Top 250 used to be in a class of its own , just like choice extra, But Now D* has Choice Ultimate, Now you have a pack thats close to E* Top 250 pack. Except D* wants to charge $6 more for it.
I already explained.

IF I WANT TO KEEP WATCHING THE SAME CHANNELS ON DISH THAT I AM CURRENTLY WATCHING WITH MY CURRENT DIRECTV PACKAGE, I MUST GET THE AT250 PACKAGE IN ORDER TO DO SO. IF I GO TO THE AT200 PACKAGE I WILL BE MISSING OUT ON ABOUT 20 CHANNELS I CURRENTLY GET (4 OF WHICH I WATCH A LOT)

I already explained.

IF I WANT TO KEEP WATCHING THE SAME CHANNELS ON DISH THAT I AM CURRENTLY WATCHING WITH MY CURRENT DIRECTV PACKAGE, I MUST GET THE AT250 PACKAGE IN ORDER TO DO SO. IF I GO TO THE AT200 PACKAGE I WILL BE MISSING OUT ON ABOUT 20 CHANNELS I CURRENTLY GET (4 OF WHICH I WATCH A LOT)
I agree, I would never subscribe to Top 200 either, Same as You It doesn't have the same channels. Top 250 has what I want.
Choice Extra has what I want to but is has less then the Top 250.
So why would I pay D* $63.99 when for $1 less I can get all the Channels in your Choice Ultimate pack for only$62.99 with E*.
If I went with Choice extra for $63.99, I'd be missing about 20 Channels that I currently get with Top 250, for $62.99

Yes with your grandfathered pack, Its about a Tie, But this is not the case for Customers looking for SD programming or HD programming In 1-3 rooms
DVR well that might be another story, But I bet 90% of subscribers have 3 room systems or less.
I'm waiting D12 hasn't launched yet, But D* hasn't shown me anything to justify their prices.

As both companies offer similar but not identical packages, the whole argument reminds me of the Bill Clinton statement..... "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is". :)

The irony is that both DirecTV and Dish will now waste hundreds of thousands of Dollars in a 'mine is bigger than yours' argument.

The only losers here are the customers of both providers, who will undoubtedly end up paying the legal costs in some form or other.

In all Fairness you should compair Top 250 to Choice Ultimate, since they are more a like then Choice extra.
But if you want to compair a $63.99 Directv choice extra Vs a $62.99 Top 250 You go right ahead, I guess you like paying more for less channels.;)

I pay to get the channels I want to watch. I can't get the YES network on Dish, so I pay Directv for it. Pretty simple for me!

My wife was asking me if we would save money by switching to DISH from DirecTV. So I crunched the numbers (not counting the promo price):
  • DirecTV (Choice Xtra), 1 HD, 2SDs, DVR service, 2 additional outlets, Sports Pack, Starz/Showtime, protection plan: $150.50/month, inc. tax
  • DISH Network (America's Top 250), 1 HD, 2 SDs, DVR service, 2 additional outlets, Multi Sport, Starz/Showtime, protection plan: $130.36.
When I compared the two with the same hardware, using DirecTV Premier vs. DISH Network America's Everything, the pricing was:
  • DirecTV, $161.10, inc. tax
  • DISH, $146.26, inc. tax
This is why, barring some unbelievably new programming advantage offered by DirecTV after the hockey season ends (we have Centre Ice and wouldn't want to lose it with two full months to go in the season, plus early playoff rounds), I will probably switch.

I switched from DISH back to Direct TV about 8 months ago. Before you leave Direct TV make sure your local channels are in high def. on DISH. That was a big reason for me leaving DISH. NONE of the network stations were up linked in high def. in the Macon, GA market.

Yeah...

Because, E's 250 channel package is about the same number of channels as D's 200, since Dish count out of market RSNs, which those out of the market cannot get, and the Dish music, to come up with 250.
TC+ doesn't offer out of market RSNs either.
If I went to the AT200, these channels in my current Direct package would be missing (many of which I watch more than any other channel):
Different people have different choices of channels. For example, the only channels from your list that I've watched more than once in the past three years are CNBC (for the 2010 Olympics), Boomerang, Military and Science.

There are clearly combinations that go both ways but channel for channel, DISH is usually a better deal.

I pay to get the channels I want to watch. I can't get the YES network on Dish, so I pay Directv for it. Pretty simple for me!
I like the Yankees, By my Local MY Network 53 plays yankee games too.. So YES isn't a Huge factor.
But with my 2 rooms of D* I can catch YES in SD.
MLB channel though, Not at all a factor for me.

TC+ doesn't offer out of market RSNs either.
I never said it did. The difference, which is the point I was making, Direct does NOT include them in their count and Dish does (even though you cannot get them).

Why do they include all RSNs and all alternate sports channels (such as ESPN alternate) to make the number 250? Direct carries these channels too, but does not include them in their 210 channel count.
There are clearly combinations that go both ways but channel for channel, DISH is usually a better deal.
For many, yes. For me, no.

Most of the comparisons posted here seem to show that E* is a bit cheaper for many subs.

As long as the pricing is similar, I guess I'll be staying with D* (was with E* for 10 years), due to two things. 1) MLB:EI 2) Better HD image quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts