DirecTV testing out 1080p?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
even though i couldn't see the bucket list in 1080p because i have a hr21 it looked incredible at 1080i. i was truly impressed.

I downloaded the movie The Bucket List from the 1080p VoD but it will not play. I am getting a message on my tv that says "Unsupported signal, check your device output." My Sony 60A2000 does support 1080p and I do have my HR20 set to native. Thanks for any help. By the way, it will play when I turn the native to the off setting.

Matt

Does your tv accept a 1080p /24 signal?

I just found out that my tv will accept 1080p/60fps but not 24fps. Does this mean that I will not be able to view the downloaded movie in its native format(The Bucket List-1080p) from Directv?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I just found out that my tv will accept 1080p/60fps but not 24fps. Does this mean that I will not be able to view the downloaded movie in its native format(The Bucket List-1080p) from Directv?
Thanks.

It is my understanding that the Broadcom chip will only do the 1080p/24.

The 1080p/24 is another number in the long list that electronics manufactures have skirted around, when all 1080p should support atleast it being input.

My tv does not display 24fps, but it does accept it.

It is my understanding that the Broadcom chip will only do the 1080p/24.

The 1080p/24 is another number in the long list that electronics manufactures have skirted around, when all 1080p should support atleast it being input.

My tv does not display 24fps, but it does accept it.

Thanks elwaylite for the information. When you say your tv will accept it, do you mean that it will play in some form of 1080p? Mine will not.

Some tv's accept a 24fps input and display it as such. Mine does not display 24fps, but accepts the input. The minimum tv id buy nowadays would at least have to accept the 24fps signal.

When my tv gets sent a 24fps signals, it converts it to 60. Other's tv who wont convert it to something the tv can display, just give the error.

Some tv's accept a 24fps input and display it as such. Mine does not display 24fps, but accepts the input. The minimum tv id buy nowadays would at least have to accept the 24fps signal.

When my tv gets sent a 24fps signals, it converts it to 60. Other's tv who wont convert it to something the tv can display, just give the error.

I wouldn't say so - it will flickering and produce unwatchable picture.
No one HDTV set can display at such low rate.

Last edited:

No HDTV displays at 24. Even movie theaters display at 48. Most plasma and DLP's display at 72 or 96. The new LCD's that display at a whole number cadence generally do so at 120.

No HDTV displays at 24. Even movie theaters display at 48. Most plasma and DLP's display at 72 or 96. The new LCD's that display at a whole number cadence generally do so at 120.

Youre right, I didnt properly explain that they all convert and what diff fps rates are preferred.

I still don't see the 1080 channel, and feel awful stupid. I tried typing it in on my remote, and the receiver just beeps (as in 'invalid channel'). Is this channel available only if you took one of the CE's? I am running that last National Release currectly.

I have 'Native' turned on, and I have the receiver hooked up via HDMI

I still don't see the 1080 channel, and feel awful stupid. I tried typing it in on my remote, and the receiver just beeps (as in 'invalid channel'). Is this channel available only if you took one of the CE's? I am running that last National Release currectly.

I have 'Native' turned on, and I have the receiver hooked up via HDMI

To answer the specif question above: I am on the national release with HR20; native off (which should not matter) and also HDMI v1.3a cable - and it works.

I have national release as well and no channel 1080. It jumps from 1008 to 1100. I sure would like to check this out. Does anyone know if a reset would make it appear?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)