DirecTV TIVO Receiver Display

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I got a Philips DVR Directv receiver last year and whenever the top channel banner display appears it turns pink and red after a few seconds and then the entire screen turns pink and red as well until I continue changing channels.

Just last week I moved the Philips DVR into the guerst room and purchased an additional Directv DVR (Model R10) from Circuit City to use in the living room and it does the exact same thing.

However, this never hasppens when watching OTA, video tape, DVD's and when changing channels on our FTA satellite receiver.

Is this a known problem or could it be my TV in the living room. I have not had time to watch TV in the guest room yet to see if it happens in there as well.

PopcornNMore said:
I got a Philips DVR Directv receiver last year and whenever the top channel banner display appears it turns pink and red after a few seconds and then the entire screen turns pink and red as well until I continue changing channels.

Just last week I moved the Philips DVR into the guerst room and purchased an additional Directv DVR (Model R10) from Circuit City to use in the living room and it does the exact same thing.

However, this never hasppens when watching OTA, video tape, DVD's and when changing channels on our FTA satellite receiver.

Is this a known problem or could it be my TV in the living room. I have not had time to watch TV in the guest room yet to see if it happens in there as well.

wow thats new... have you tried a different input... if you are using coax try composite or if you are using composite try svid... etc

It improves when using the S-Video output, but it still happens. I thought it was just my first receiver until I got a new one that does the same thing.

Maybe I can convince my wife it is the TV and talk her into a bigger screen. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)