DIRECTV to offer Locals in 5 new Cities

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DIRECTV to offer Local Channels in Augusta and Macon, Ga., LaCrosse-Eau Claire, Wis., Myrtle Beach-Florence, S.C., and Rockford, Ill.

New Markets to Launch Early Next year; DIRECTV will offer Local Channels to more than 93 Percent of U.S. TV Households

EL SEGUNDO, CA, Nov. 10, 2004 - DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading and fastest growing digital television service provider, announced today that it will begin offering local channels to its customers in Augusta and Macon, Ga., LaCrosse-Eau Claire, Wis., Myrtle Beach-Florence, S.C., and Rockford, Ill., early next year. With the addition of these five new markets, DIRECTV will offer local channels in 135 markets representing 93 percent of U.S. television households.

The local broadcast channel package is available to consumers in combination with any TOTAL CHOICE® programming package. The TOTAL CHOICE® with Local Channels package is available for $39.99, and offers more than 130 channels.

"Part of being the best television service in the United States is the ability to offer all-digital local news, weather, sports and entertainment programming for our customers," said Stephanie Campbell, executive vice president, Programming, DIRECTV, Inc. "With the launch of five more local-into-local markets, 93 percent of U.S. households will now have access to a complete and even more compelling television entertainment experience, and one more reason to choose DIRECTV over their local cable service."

The new markets will be among the 29 local-into-local markets that will receive local channels from a DIRECTV satellite located at the 72.5-degree West longitude (WL) orbital slot. Due to the location of the satellite, customers in those markets will require a second 18-inch dish to receive their local channels. The dish and installation will be provided at no charge. DIRECTV is the nation's leading digital multichannel television service provider with more than 13.5 million customers. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo are registered trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc., a unit of The DIRECTV Group, Inc. (NYSE: DTV). The DIRECTV Group is a world-leading provider of digital multichannel television entertainment, broadband satellite networks and services. The DIRECTV Group is 34 percent owned by Fox Entertainment Group, which is approximately 82 percent owned by News Corporation Ltd.

spacer.gif
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release regarding The DIRECTV Group, Inc.'s business which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report or Form 10-K for the most recently ended fiscal year.

I'm not a Dish Network cheerleader or anything, but it's definitely more realistic to say Dish will have Abilene locals WAY before DirecTV. If you want your locals that bad that soon, I'm thinking Dish will be the way to go.

thats good for me cause i will get those locals that are coming to Augusta GA. And how will this work will i have to get the 18' dish even if i have a Phase III dish already? and if so how will they go about hooking it up since i already have 2 wires running to the back of both my Tivo's? and one more thing i still have my old dish that i had before i got the Phase III dish could i just use that one if i have to get another dish to get the locals?

arod, you will need a 6X8 multiswitch. That will allow you to hook up the Phase-III dish and 18" dish at 72.5 together for any receiver you have.

it says directv will bring the new 18' dish out for free will they do all i need to be done when they come out? will they do what you are talking about?

do I have to take the new local channels or can I keep my network feeds instead. I have had them for two years and don't want to give them up.

I was hoping for a response to my question? do I have to go with the locals or can I stay with the network feeds?

I thought that you have a choice, especially with the new law that was passed. I have had networks for over two years.

You can keep your distant locals if you want to.Even if you do upgrade to the local in local channels.Many customers have kept them because if you drop the distant locals you can never get them again after the locals have been offered in your area.

Wich also means don't call tech support... Many of the scripts that the rest of tech support follows (and i'm supposed to :p) will end up with your card being disconnected and re-connected. If its the primary... Bye bye DNS feeds... Hehe this also gives you a good reason to make sure you never go into level 1 disconnect. :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)