Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just received word that DirecTV is planning on rasing its monthly DVR fees to $5.99 a month. There is no word however if this new monthly fee applies to all customers or only new DirecTVDVR customers.

Also it appears that a portion of our FREE Equipment Rumor has come true, we have received word that there is a $100 rebate on DirecTV DVR's from DirecTV with a 2 year commitment, that $100 rebate makes the DVR for free.

(Note nothing on HD stuff yet, and I don't expect to hear anything about that until both bords are up and working)

Also DirecTV is offering new customers 4 months of Total Choice + free when they order the NFL Sunday Ticket Package and pay 4 payments of $69.99

direct DVR R-15

Scott - do you know when the new Direct TV DVR - R-15 will become available? And will it be alot different from the Tvio DVR? Thanks

wow 4 months of total choice + with sunday ticket. Did it not used to be 4 months of total choice premier?

Scott It would be nice if you created a thread where only the moderator could post too that included all of the verified upcoming changes for D*, pricing equipment and etc.It could even have a fact and rumor section.

minorthr said:
wow 4 months of total choice + with sunday ticket. Did it not used to be 4 months of total choice premier?
when I got it 2 years ago it was 4 months of total choice premier + ST.

Paradox-SJ said:
Well at least they didnt go ALL-GREEDY like E* and switch to a per DVR charge...I would gladly pay 5.99 per account instead of the 5.00 per DVR

Exactly. As an added bonus we get a REAL DVR service. TiVo. Dish charging $ for their so called DVR "service" is a crime imho.

The new promotion, which starts 8/1/05 does include 4 months of TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER at no charge when you activate new service and subscribe to the NFL season ticket. This promotion is for new customers who have never had DIRECTV service before.

Also the $5.99/per mo DVR fee includes all DVR's that are on your account and include TiVo and the new DIRECTV DVR R15.

The $100 DVR rebate is available to all new and existing customers and can be used for a R10, R15 or HR10-250. So you could buy a new R15 for $99 and get a $100 DIRECTV mail-in rebate. And when you add it to your account you will not pay any DVR fee.

-Robert

I think this stinks, period...The consistent rumor for the 6 months was that when D* went to their own DVR, they would eliminate the fee, not increase it.

Edit: Robert, what do you mean by "when you add it to your account, you will not pay any DVR fee"?
Could you clarify?

The free DVR fee was a totally unfounded rumor. However, I can tell you that DIRECTV re-thinks the DVR and additional receiver fees very frequently and we may see a change someday.

Unquestionability, DIRECTV has the best DVR services and the lowest DVR prices.

-Robert

I can certainly attest to that, having had both DISH's crap DVR and Cox's even more crap DVR. The DTivo rocks. I'm trying to get my buddy to get one as a second receiver when he goes to get Directv service soon.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
The free DVR fee was a totally unfounded rumor. However, I can tell you that DIRECTV re-thinks the DVR and additional receiver fees very frequently and we may see a change someday.

-Robert

Robert, when are you expecting the R15s? Also, where is this $100 rebate located, is it something you have to call D* for. I am still have several months left, will they just extend that?

Thats actually not a bad deal at all if you can mix both D* and Tivo boxes on the same DVR fee. I dont mind the $1 increase if thats true.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
The new promotion, which starts 8/1/05 does include 4 months of TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER at no charge when you activate new service and subscribe to the NFL season ticket. This promotion is for new customers who have never had DIRECTV service before.

Also the $5.99/per mo DVR fee includes all DVR's that are on your account and include TiVo and the new DIRECTV DVR R15.

The $100 DVR rebate is available to all new and existing customers and can be used for a R10, R15 or HR10-250. So you could buy a new R15 for $99 and get a $100 DIRECTV mail-in rebate. And when you add it to your account you will not pay any DVR fee.

-Robert

So the $100 MIR is good on the HR10-250 as well....That combined with the BB 50% off coupon (if it works for you) makes the HD TiVo something to think about, unless the rebate is only good if you get the HD TiVo through D*...

Oops, just realized the rebate kicks in when the coupon expires...oh well.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:

-Robert

Can you elaborate a little more on possible fee changes? Are they thinking about a per box DVR fee? Or a possibility of waiving fees?

Effective 8/1/05 the DVR fee will be $5.99/per mo. no matter how many DVR's you have, one or 10. You can mix DIRECTV TiVo and the new DIRECTV R15 DVR's and just pay $5.99/per mo per household.

The rebate form will be available on my site on 8/1/05 and is available for new and existing DIRECTV customers. The rebate will be good for the following models, R10, R15 and HR10-250, purchased form 8/1/05 through 11/5/05.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)