DirecTV Triple LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Abby

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
Can someone please explain too me how a DirecTV Triple LNB with a built in multiswitch works. I only see 4 ports for the coaxal cable to connect. How do you split the signal?

First of all I would like to welcome you to satelliteguys.us. Glad you signed up. You do not have to split the signal it is already set up for 4 separate receivers. All you have to do is run one cable from the ports to each receiver. In other words you can hook up 4 receiver to the lnb. Well once again welcome to satelliteguys.......DIGITAL~DAN

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Ok I see thats what I thought. So I would need an after market multiswitch to hook up 2 dvrs.

Or can I just do this. I have an oval dish,with 2 lnbs. Which right now I have 4 rca recievers going to 4 different rooms. I want to remove 2 of the recievers and add 2 DVR's. Can I add a 3rd LNB to my dish and just run 2 more lines for the dvrs. My dish has a spot for the 3rd LNB. And if I can do that in adding the 3rd LNB does that help me to also add HD if I ever want it in the future.

Thanks

Abby,
You have what is now referred to as a Phase II elliptical dish. It comes with two dual LNBs to receive signals from the 101 and 119 satellites. The attached multiswitch combines these two satellites and provides 4 outputs to the receivers. Each output can receive any channel on either staellite. The middle position on that dish is for a special Sat C LNB to receive channels from the satellite at the 110 position. It is combined with one of the 119 lines to the multiswitch so that this satellite is now available to all receivers. You only need this LNB if you want HD programming.

Now to create more than four outputs you can do one of two things. 1) Replace the current 4x4 multiswitch with a 4x8 to give you 8 outputs. or 2) Add a 4x8 cascadable multiswitch to all four lines from your dish.

Ahhh thankyou sir for the better understanding. Ok I see know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts