DirecTV vs Dish Network in Denver Area

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

denvernewbie

Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
Hi,

I'm trying to decide between the two main satellite providers -- right now I'm leaning towards Directv. I want to know what experiences people have had with the two services in the Denver area. I'm interested in issues like interruption of service, reception quality, channel load times, unexpected billing, customer service response, plus whatever other advantages and disadvantages you think are pertinent. Thanks in advance for your responses, and have a great day.

My opinion: Those factors are about the same for both services. That's going to stay the same whether you're in Denver (like me) or Climax Springs MO.

My advice: Figure out what channels you need. Check the channel listings and see who gives you those channels at the lowest monthly cost. Go there.

If you really need a tie-breaker, since Dish is based in the Denver area, that provides some extremely slim advantages. A little while ago, Dish blew out some HD sets for locals. And if you buy a share of stock, you can go attend the shareholders meeting every year to ask the CEO in person about your favorite topic.

I like Dish for its different Public Interest channels, such as Classic Arts Showcase, and previews of international channels, but I wish it had PBS Kids as DirecTV does. As I said, see what you like and go for it. Either one's better than cable, in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)