DirecTV web site finally put up page about multiroom viewing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not sure if this is the same on all systems but for those questions that might be answered...

We have 2 HR20-700s

The 30 sec jump or skip button is on the remote for a DVR in the recording control area above and to the right of the round dark PLAY button. Looks like 1 arrow pointing right into a vertical line.

The first clue that the software was updated was the blue circle was lit up when I turned the system on in the morning. Normally I keep this blue ring off as I find it annoying.

Second clue was in the MENU there is a SMART SEARCH function that actually says NEW next to it.

The Multi Room set up is in the MENU under Parental, Fav's & Setup then system setup then Multi-room. (Network setup is also in this area)

Both our receivers were already plugged into the network here via ethernet cables from the receivers port into hubs/switches and into the home network router. This was originally done so we could use the video on demand from the internet that is offered via Directv.

With a couple buttons pushes in the network setup area (see above from Menu) both receivers took their place on the network and then Multi-room was available after that. Now when I go to my LIST of items recorded I see all shows from both machines on either one.

Hope this is helpful.

If you check DIRECTV: Multi-Room HD DVR Service page they say that if your receivers are not networked now don't bother going out and buying new hardware just to try MRV. Reason is that they will have an upgrade available to get folks on DECA networking which would work better then wireless/powerline adapters.

i saw that after i posed so i think i will wait as i have been debating whether or not to go swm. thanks rad.

i saw that after i posed so i think i will wait as i have been debating whether or not to go swm. thanks rad.

IMHO that's the smart way to go, unless you just have to have it now. The rumor is that the DECA upgrade that DirecTV would offer, which would include DECA's for all necessary receivers, SWiM upgrades if needed, and replacing any receivers that aren't SWiM compatible would be in the $100 neighborhood (rumored amount, no idea if additional commitment).

i'm sure there would be an additional commitment. but i spend alot of time in my bedroom so it would be worth it to me to do an upgrade.

Got a 50ft Cat5 to network my upstairs receiver to test it out, only to realize that only my downstairs receiver got the update. :(

Ok, so let me see if I got this right.... Since my main tv with the HR22 hasn't been updated but my bedroom HR23 has, if I switch the 2 and now the main one will be networked and has the update on it, all my receivers then will be able to see the HR23 DVR. Is that right? Including the HR22 without the update? And also the regular receivers don't have to be networked. I hope I got this right

don't quote me mark but i believe all of your units must have the update on it before you can mrv. i could be wrong though.

No...you have to get the update to get them networked.

Thanks, but if my HR23 got updated shouldn't the H23's be updated as well? I understand that it's taking a little longer for the HR22 to update but I only have one of those the rest are all H23 with one HR23. Is there a way to force the update on the H23's?

The H series is behind the HR series roll outs.

To be more specific, there is no National Release for any of the receivers supporting MRV. The current software rollout is just for the DVRs.

Any networked DVRs with the new software will do MRV. Networked DVRs without the new software will continue to do things like video-on-demand. DVRs that are not networked will do nothing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)