Directv Weight Requirement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wild314

Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Georgia
The Directv weight requirement is that the installer weigh 250 or less. How strict is Directv with this requirement? Do they actually weigh you at the interview? Has anyone been let go or turned away because they were over the weight?

Thanks in advance. I have an interview for an installer position and I want to know if I'm gonna have to shed some weight and fast!

Thanks again for the help.

B.

The Directv weight requirement is that the installer weigh 250 or less. How strict is Directv with this requirement? Do they actually weigh you at the interview? Has anyone been let go or turned away because they were over the weight?

Thanks in advance. I have an interview for an installer position and I want to know if I'm gonna have to shed some weight and fast!

B.

I believe they probably do have a weight limit of some sort, they want to make sure that your able to work on the ladders that they use.

I don't work for them, but I know our ladders have a 300 lb limit.

Anything over 250 pounds (including any tools and/or carry-ons) requires a Type 1A (up to 300 pounds) ladder or better. If you're much over 250 yourself, you probably need a Type 1AA (up to 375 pounds) ladder.

Anything over 250 pounds (including any tools and/or carry-ons) requires a Type 1A (up to 300 pounds) ladder or better. If you're much over 250 yourself, you probably need a Type 1AA (up to 375 pounds) ladder.

Thanks for the specs Harshness, I knew they had them but couldn't remember what they were. :up

B.

Don't know, I weigh 280, but I am 6'5"

B.

"OSHA Ladder specifications require applicant's weight can not exceed more than 275 lbs.".......taken from a Directv ad for a QC guy.

Installers occasionally have to get on roofs & under buildings. You could tune up a little in that area. However, you will have to learn how to connect the customer's land line phone even if they have no service.

You'll see.

Do what you have to.

Joe

I would think as long as your in good health and you use the correct ladder when working you would be fine.

Well I always felt funny about all the weight stress upon a ladder, with my weight, the ODU, and my tools. It all adds up quick.

Then there is this:

If your are challenged by gravity the first day you will not be by the end of the second week or you are just not doing the job.

Joe

I am a big guy heading towards the really big boy mark. not say all my ladder experiences but been walks in the park. but I very seldom have issues and I am on a ladder most of the time.

alot of techs i found use that ladder richard karn of home improvement fame endooresed on informericals that turns into 4 different kinds of ladders.

I am a big guy heading towards the really big boy mark. not say all my ladder experiences but been walks in the park. but I very seldom have issues and I am on a ladder most of the time.

alot of techs i found use that ladder richard karn of home improvement fame endooresed on informericals that turns into 4 different kinds of ladders.

Stone,

I have used those and they are great! However you occasionally roll into a construction job where the steel ladders are NOT allowed on site. I wonder if they rust? Anyhow, they would be great to carry through a residence to an attic entrance or ceiling hatch. If there is still room on the roof rack I would throw one on........with another lock!

Murry Christmas!

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)