DIRECTV Will Raise Prices Next Month

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mdram,my cable company has had the same rates for the last three years. They are a small locally owned company and do not increase their rates every year.

Sent from my VS980 4G using the SatelliteGuys app!

congrats. the small local companies usually have decent deals.
a friend at work has one of them

but iirc she did get hit with a major increase after 5 or 6 years, almost doubled

i think this one is basically a comcast reseller

Reactions: Jillian2
Couldn't tell you. I'm supposed to be able to see Cardinals, Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, and Royals according to the blackout map in Iowa but CSN Chicago is the only one I get too.

Same here. I'm in the Cedar Rapids\Waterloo TV market. I could justify a higher fee if they added FS-Midwest, but we know that won't happen.

congrats. the small local companies usually have decent deals.
a friend at work has one of them

but iirc she did get hit with a major increase after 5 or 6 years, almost doubled

i think this one is basically a comcast reseller

The local company here is ComSouth

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Directv prices seem to be the most outrageous. My sister's family has the Genie and when I visit there, they hardly ever watch it. They always have Roku apps on. I wouldn't pay their high prices and I don't care for the overall receiver guide and channel placement. It seems so confusing compared to Dish and the Hopper system.

from last year

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/cable-satellite-tv-costs-will-climb-again-2016-n484531

dish/direct $2-$8
time/warner $10

ect ect

always compare prices without discounts. and same setups
So build a Package and compare.

My required system.
DIRECTV $263 A MONTH
Comcast $250
Blue ridge with Tivo, $252
DISH $242
FIOS $245

These are not promo prices.
These are 5 rooms DVR with Top Base package, Showtime, Starz/Encore.
And Internet packages with minimum required speeds and Data.

Now Dish I can shave another $15-20 off, Just from 50% off premium offers and auto pay as an existing customer.

The others don't know...

at those prices they are all close

to me it would come down to which one worked best for me

So build a Package and compare.

My required system.
DIRECTV $263 A MONTH
Comcast $250
Blue ridge with Tivo, $252
DISH $242
FIOS $245

These are not promo prices.
These are 5 rooms DVR with Top Base package, Showtime, Starz/Encore.
And Internet packages with minimum required speeds and Data.

Now Dish I can shave another $15-20 off, Just from 50% off premium offers and auto pay as an existing customer.

The others don't know...

Here is my local cable, they converted to IPTV last year.
Expanded plus =$72.95
Each DVR 5.95 x 5= $29.75
HD=$9.95
SHOWTIME/TMC=$14.00
STARZ/ENCORE=$12.00

Total for TV=$138.65
Plus highest tier internet =$55.95
Grand total=$194.60

Reactions: Troch77
We were in NY 2 weeks ago and My Aunt has Optimum service and the Top package included all 4 Premiums and was $110.
Don't know the breakdown of the rest.
I know they had 50/50 internet and 4 DVrs, and they said their bill is $180 a month.

at those prices they are all close

to me it would come down to which one worked best for me
Well I can tell you for certain, Directv offers Nothing over the next most expensive Blueridge with Tivo that Justifies $132 a year extra.
And thats not including Giving Directv another $200 just to have 7 tuner system over a 5.

In 2 years time Directv would cost me $464 more than the next most expensive service in my area.
$704 to the least expensive service.

And thats not even including my Commercial account which Directv made very clear is increasing.

I may have Quite a few of Owned H25s coming available. Probably after christmas.

its nice to have options.
but not everyone does
my options are
dish
directv
antenna

Reactions: AZ.
A tip for those looking at other options, with Dish and owned equipment with single DVR no extra charge except one time fee $40 to activate HardDrive. (This requires you to do own installation so not for the masses)
The Vip211K is ideal for this. With owned equipment you can qualify for unadvertised Welcome Package $20 a month. Add all the 1/2 price premiums (add and drop for 1/2 off 6 months) and get a smoking deal for around $50 includes networks pay as you go Free HD and no DVR fee.
All other channels we stream. I'm using the PSVUE with 5 streams 2 android Sony TV's, 1 FireTV and 2 Roku's.
Everything cost around $95 month includes all premiums.

Reactions: pattykay
Will this apply to customers on the 2 year promo pricing as well? I just signed up a month ago and have the Xtra package all included for 70 a month for 2 years. So will my price stay at 70 or go up to 76?

I asked a friend that works at a call center for D* about new customer pricing. When a new customer signs up regardless if it is a 12 or 24 month promo a "Price Guarantee" credit will appear when the new pricing takes effect. This will keep your base package (Xtra @ $70 in this case) at its current rate until the end of your new customer promotion. However if you change your base package you will keep your original 24 month discount but you will lose the "Price Guarantee" credit. This will be the same for new customers who have a 12 month promo price for the All Included packages and new customers that have the old Standard General Market packages.

How the RSN fee would work is still up in the air, my friend said the guidance mentions a Price Guarantee credit for RSN Fees but the wording is vague. My friend is thinking this will be for new customers who are signing up for the Price Guarantee 2 year promo only but will look into it more. Typically during price increases D* will do the Price Guarantee credit for the base package only which is why my friend will look into this more.

Reactions: anex80
Comcast is raising their rates next week as well. So discounts will be hard to find on any provider.

Plenty of discounts compared to Vue or Sling depending on your needs. Getting harder and harder to stay with these companies. I'm lucky enough to have a great deal through D* but if that were to ever change I'd drop them like a hot potato for Vue. Paying $140 a month for TV just isn't worth it (no premiums)

Plenty of discounts compared to Vue or Sling depending on your needs. Getting harder and harder to stay with these companies. I'm lucky enough to have a great deal through D* but if that were to ever change I'd drop them like a hot potato for Vue. Paying $140 a month for TV just isn't worth it (no premiums)

again you overlook that issue that sat users may not have access to broadband, cable, ect.

Reactions: Jimbo
I get all my locals OTA and only use D* for sports, weather and news (only watch about 10 D* channels). If I can wean myself off the sports it may be time to drop D*. They increase the fees every year and reduce the services (or keep them the same). Half of the channels are garbage channels (shopping channels and infomercials). Can you get ESPN via internet services? If so, I'm gone.

I get all my locals OTA and only use D* for sports, weather and news (only watch about 10 D* channels). If I can wean myself off the sports it may be time to drop D*. They increase the fees every year and reduce the services (or keep them the same). Half of the channels are garbage channels (shopping channels and infomercials). Can you get ESPN via internet services? If so, I'm gone.
Watch espn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)