DirecTV WNC Dish Triple LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikescharters

Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
Florida
Trying to get satellite to work in the RV. We do most of our camping in Fl. and GA. We have a DirecTV Slimline SLN5 SWM at home. I will be using a model D12-100 receiver in the RV. Will the DirecTV WNC Dish Triple LNB work for my RV? Or will it be hard to dial in?

You can also use an 18" dish. It is a lot more simple to aim than a phase III or slimline. It is just an elevation and azimuth. You aim it at one sat located at 101 deg. west. That sat has the core of D* sd programming. Phase III and slimline dish also have a tilt involved to get all satellites. With a phase III or slimline, those are aimed at either 3 or 5 sats.

All depends on how handy you are with this set up type stuff.

If your comfortable with it, go with the same one you have at the house, this way you don't need to make any changes in the recvr.
You didn't say if the recvr is coming from the house to the RV and back.

IF it's only staying in the RV and HD will NOT be something you'll want to get into now or in the future, then I would say just use a simple single LNB dish like CAVE mentioned, you'll want to run the Repeat Sat Set Up when setting it up in the RV so you can set it for the correct dish type.

If your thinking of going HD at anytime soon, then I would recommend getting the Slimline disah right from the get go, so you don't need to get a different dish when you make the change.

Btw, I'm guessing you already have a Tripod ?

Fwiw, the old single (or triple LNB) dish uses a 1 5/8 pipe (mast), while the Slimline dishes are abit bigger and require a 2" pipe., this is important to know when buying the tripod.

Also get yourself a compass and a level.

I will be bringing the box back and forth from the house but mostly using it in the RV. I just picked up the WNC dish with a new Wineguard TR-3500 Tripod for $20. I'm still looking for a 18" single LNB. But for now just trying to get this to work..

I will be bringing the box back and forth from the house but mostly using it in the RV. I just picked up the WNC dish with a new Wineguard TR-3500 Tripod for $20. I'm still looking for a 18" single LNB. But for now just trying to get this to work..

Remember, if your moving from the house (SWM set Up) to RV, triple (101,110 and 119) you'll have to do the Repeat Sat Set Up each time you move it, otherwise you'll get to the RV and it won't see the signal, with the SWM set up, the power to the LNB is supplied from the Power Inserter, where as without, it comes from the recvr.

Set it up 4 more times with good results between 96% and 98% every time. Need to go camping to try different area to see if I get the same results. Thanks guys for the help.... I did notice that every time I set it up that the LNB bar was setting at a different azimuth reading than what dish pointer said to aim it at. I was using the Magnetic bearing for setting it up. Why is that?

Set it up 4 more times with good results between 96% and 98% every time. Need to go camping to try different area to see if I get the same results. Thanks guys for the help.... I did notice that every time I set it up that the LNB bar was setting at a different azimuth reading than what dish pointer said to aim it at. I was using the Magnetic bearing for setting it up. Why is that?
Numbers for setting these up are only a starting point.

Also remember when traveling more than 100-200 miles you will lose your locals due to spotbeam. Enjoy camping the right way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)