Status
Please reply by conversation.

bscabl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
ny
i want to get my dvr in multi room, so what im asking is,

1. is there a way to get a highdef [network aware] box in the other room for multi room without shelling out [i currently have a lowdef box in there but the tv will accept a highdef]

or

2. is there anyway to bypass the screen copy protection with windows XP [i cant find an XP driver to support it] and ill just watch my dvr on my computer

[yes i have the highdef networked dvr in the living room required for either solution]

thanks!!

:D

You may be able to upgrade your SD unit to HD with no cash up front. You will be beholden to DIRECTV for 24 months as a result.

No on the content protection defeat.

You'll be much happier with the HD receiver upgrade.

hmmm my 1 year new customer discount expires this december, i'd re-up if itll get me the network aware/multi room, overall im happy with the service, little to no issues and only lost signal thrice in a year [northeast] and that didnt last long.. and even when my newbie discount expires im still paying less than time warner so im prolly not leaving anyway.

thanks!

last question i think...
would i need a second swm, or is that just bcause i have the dvr in the other room, the 2nd box wouldnt be a dvr..

thanks!

If you don't have SWM now, you'll get a new dish and all the necessary connection hardware when you buy into Whole Home DVR service. WHDS demands an up to $149.95 investment for installation and a paid upgrade of up to $99 to get the HD receiver.

Because you've been a customer for less than 12 months, promotional discounts are unlikely.

If you have a hardwired broadband Internet connection make sure to demand the broadband DECA connection.

oh i have a swm now, i have the hddvr in the living room, i just want multi room so i want to upgrade my sd unit to a hd non dvr in the bedroom, my whole house is networked so the wiring isnt an issue there.
im a supergeek, im just new to satellite.. lol

The answer to both of your initial options remains no.

You may be successful in avoiding a DECA installation to get WHDS. Judging from comments by subscribers who've activated with Ethernet recently, it appears to be getting incrementally more difficult to do. DIRECTV doesn't give much consideration to anyone's claimed technical skill level.

If you can run a Cat-5 cable between the two units you can have MRV for $3 per month. As far as getting a free HD receiver I don't know about that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.