DirectvDVR and TV Guardian

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvnewbie

Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
Hello,

It seems that ever since we upgraded to the Directv DVR (NON-Tivo), our TV Guardian will not sensor out language. Everything is hooked up properly, cables and everything.

Do you need the model number for both the DVR and TV Guardian that I own to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

What did you have before that worked?

How is it hooked up? RCA cord (yellow/red/white)?

WELCOME to SatelliteGuys!

Seriously? Someone actually uses this product?

I never have, but I see nothing wrong with it, they probably have young kids ...

OP,
I would definatly see if there is any options in the TV Guardian programming that determines this type of stuff.

Jimbo

From some quick googling, this is probably because (at least in my experience) no HD cable or satellite receiver outputs closed captioning, but rather it's generated on the receiver itself. Are you able to view closed captioning on your TV without it being turned on on the receiver? If not, you're probably out of luck.

What did you have before that worked?

How is it hooked up? RCA cord (yellow/red/white)?

WELCOME to SatelliteGuys!

We had straight cable before Directv took control. The TV guardian would plug directly INTO the television and still does but now that the dvr is also plugged in, nothing works.

The coloring of cords goes as follows: 2 Red on the left, 2 white in middle and 2 yellow on the right (this is on the back of the tv guardion console itself) (Red, white, yellow)

From some quick googling, this is probably because (at least in my experience) no HD cable or satellite receiver outputs closed captioning, but rather it's generated on the receiver itself. Are you able to view closed captioning on your TV without it being turned on on the receiver? If not, you're probably out of luck.

Correct, it only works with conventional analog closed captioning. I assume that means it won't work on OTA after Feb 2009, as well as not on satellite or digital cable, only on analog cable.

Seriously? Someone actually uses this product?

I use it with my DVD player and would use it with D* if I had one to use with it. Do you have a problem with people who actually want to filter out junk? I personally use it even if I'm not watching with kids because I don't want to have to put up with bad language if I don't have to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)