DIRECTV'S LIL HD Plans VS. VOOM's OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sean Mota said:
Isn't it funny that all providers (cable and satellite) claim in their ads that consumers will get a "clear digital" picture on every channel. I laugh at those DirecTv commercials when they hired celebrities to say that DirecTv has a "clear digital" picture. What they fail to tell consumers is that don't try to put this "clear digital" signal in a 50" screen otherwise you will see all this "clear digital" picture showing compression left and right. :D

I wonder if this isn't fault advertising. I have to sit down with a lot of people and explain to them what's going on. They all try to prove me wrong about what they are watching in theri 27" SD TV. When I show them the same channel on a 60" screen and they show HD, they are like "Man, I was tricked..."
Often we get caught up in all of the technology. But in the simplest terms bigger screens require more pixels. This isnt rocket science. Those with 27" inch TV's will not be impressed with HD. They probably wont be OAR fans either. It is a bit of a trap in a way. Once you buy a TV over 36" , a widescreen say 47" you will demand HD. ANd its simply because we need those pixels to make our pictures crisp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts