DIRECTV's Masters Tournament Coverage A ‘Gimme' For Golf Fans Who Want In-depth Coverage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DIRECTV's Masters Tournament Coverage A ‘Gimme' For Golf Fans Who Want In-depth Coverage

Masters Mosaic Offers Six-Channel HD Package of CBS Sports and ESPN Coverage; New Customizable Leader Board; Extended Coverage; And 24-hour Interactivity — Only on DIRECTV

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DIRECTV swings into another season of expanded, interactive golf coverage April 5-8 with the 2012 Masters Tournament, offering fans a unique, in-depth viewing experience that is the next best thing to a patron badge at golf's most prestigious event.

Combining CBS Sports' and ESPN's live HD coverage of the Tournament, DIRECTV's "Masters Mosaic" interactive TV application and six-channel Masters Mix will immerse fans in the atmosphere of the fabled Augusta National Golf Club, allowing them to more closely follow the world's best golfers as they vie for the coveted Green Jacket.

The Masters Mix Channel, available only on DIRECTV, offers fans six views of the Tournament: the main CBS Sports/ESPN feed; two Featured Group channels; Amen Corner; holes 15 and 16; and "Masters in Depth," along with a continuously running leader board featuring live tee times, scoring and leaders' locations on the course. Each extra channel of coverage is fully produced with its own announcers.

Viewers will also have access to the following interactive menu of features 24 hours a day throughout the tournament on any of the six Masters channels:
•Top Five Leaders — displays the top five current scores against par.
•Leader Board — provides information on all the golfers in the field including players' hole-by-hole stats through the Scorecard feature, displaying greens hit in regulation, driving distance, putting average for each player in the field, and will include current and previous rounds. And a new customizable leader board lets fans select their favorite player and place them on top of the board to more easily track their scores.
•Highlights — allows viewers on-demand access to the previous round's highlights as well as five golfer-specific highlight packages focusing on the top two leaders and three notable players in each round.
•Course Tour — provides fans with a birds-eye video of each hole.
•Masters Quiz — challenges fans with 10 questions, refreshed daily, about the history of the Masters and Augusta National, and the day's action on course.

"We're thrilled to continue our association with the Masters Tournament, CBS Sports and ESPN to create another spectacular viewing experience for golf fans," said Tony Goncalves, senior vice president, Product Management, DIRECTV. "The Masters Mosaic offers fans who love the game a whole new way to watch the Tournament and feel the aura of Augusta, and it's only on DIRECTV."

DIRECTV's Tournament coverage will also include the 2012 Masters Preview Show premiering April 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. ET on its exclusive Audience Network. CBS Sports announcer Ian Baker Finch talks with the world's No. 1-ranked player Luke Donald, who offers exclusive insights on the 2012 Masters Tournament — only on DIRECTV. The 2011 Masters Official Review Show will also premiere on the Audience Network on April 2 from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. ET. All video highlights and a course tour will be available on DIRECTV On Demand. DIRECTV will also air 3D coverage of the Tournament on ESPN 3D (Channel 106). For details on all Tournament coverage visit Grand Slam Golf : Expanded Coverage Only on DIRECTV.

this is one of things i really like about directv. it's awesome because you can avoid commercials for the entire broadcast. 5 stars!

What they need is one channel focusing on anyone but Tiger so we can actually see golf and the leaders occasionally when he's not in contention.

The Masters are free with the proper sub level on D* as they are on E*.

And no, I don't think there is any 3D coverage of it. It's hard enough to follow the ball in HD as it is!! :)

Sorry - didn't mean to question whether it is in 3d or not, but why there is no publicity for it.

I've seen only one ad in the many Masters pro-mos on CBS that mention 3d. Why the total silence - they're spending the money to provide it? Is DTV the only 3d broadcaster for ESPN 3d. It is scheduled in 3d on ESPN 106, but it starts at 4:30, not 3 as on ESPN. Must be a delayed broadcast on dtv - don't know of any other place to see it.

They've been replaying the 2011 Masters in 3D, and it does add interest, but nothing like football.

JohnW

Last edited:
Because, quite frankly, there's not much demand for it. I watched a bit of it earlier and thought it detracted from the experience.

watched a little of this yesterday since i left work early and its as good as always.

R&D, I agree with you. I switched to the 3d version at 4:30. Maybe they didn't advertise it because their production isn't really ready for "prime time." I'm very glad they are trying, but it's a tossup as to whether I'll switch today. Biggest reason to watch isn't 3d, it's no commercials. It was a dark day though, so maybe it will look better if there's sunshine today.

JohnW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)