Directv's new super dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

reddog187000

Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
i am new and i am looking for info on the installation of
directv's new super dish (not dish network) for asian channells and eastern europe

i need links on it any one with info about these systems and web links pls
hit me up
ok
thanx in advanx

DirecTv's new super dish? The tri-LNB dish you mean? Its not new.

That page opened my eyes. I've only ever considered the term "programming languages" to have one meaning. ;)

It's not a "super dish" per se, just a really big dish for the international sat, which you would need in addition to a 101 or 101/110/119.

DirecTV has been working on a new dish for awhile now. I saw prototypes of their 5 LNB Dish and the sucker was HUGE.

The Dishes are being devoloped in Russia. And I have talked to some of the guys working on the Dishs. Now THOSE GUYS are tough to get information out of. :D

I always wondered though if these dual reflector setup's less efficient so you need a bigger dish just to get enough signal in.

colofan said:
I always wondered though if these dual reflector setup's less efficient so you need a bigger dish just to get enough signal in.

not really

The ones that Direct markets now are 95/101. A 30" dish with a KU band aimed in the center at 95. The DBS one is off a little but but will pick up 101 without any issues.

I have a DirecPC dish with 95/91/82 on it for Galaxy3C and ExpressVu

20" dish signal on 91 TP 15...88
DPC dish signal on 91 TP15...89

The signal stays about the same due to the larger dish size making up for any lost signal

Once you are dealing with more than 2 LNB's, then you run into some signal issues (Superdish for example)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts