directway dish ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

amc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
i got this at a yardsale for $2.00 im thinking it should work for fta and what settings if it do ?:)

Attachments

• PIC_0352.JPG
    PIC_0352.JPG
    614.6 KB · Views: 230
remove the transmitter (or bypass it) and you have a great dish for FTA

LNB LO Frequency is 10750

The mount on the back is a real piece of work, too!
On a proper pole (not a fence post), that should survive the next nuclear war!

Notice the marks for all sorts of adjustments - :up - even azimuth.

Nice markings for skew, which is more important for a low bird and an elliptical dish.

The elevation adjustment with that screw is a dream, too. :cool:

Just keep the original LNB/feedhorn combo, or if you want to experiment, make sure you keep the feedhorn or at least substitute one that'll see the wide dish.
A tall, elliptical feed like the one that's on it is required to match the dish.

Search through the forum for more discussions on the DirecWay dish.
( note the funny spelling: no T )

The mount on the back is a real piece of work, too!
On a proper pole (not a fence post), that should survive the next nuclear war!

Notice the marks for all sorts of adjustments - :up - even azimuth.

Nice markings for skew, which is more important for a low bird and an elliptical dish.

The elevation adjustment with that screw is a dream, too. :cool:

Just keep the original LNB/feedhorn combo, or if you want to experiment, make sure you keep the feedhorn or at least substitute one that'll see the wide dish.
A tall, elliptical feed like the one that's on it is required to match the dish.

Search through the forum for more discussions on the DirecWay dish.
( note the funny spelling: no T )
yes its well put together. it looks something like the star choice elliptical dish.its the first 1 i've seen around here .probably more just did not pay any attention to it.kind of makes me think i may saw something like it on a gas station . maby canadian tire gas station? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• PIC_0353.JPG
    PIC_0353.JPG
    708.1 KB · Views: 186
  • PIC_0354.JPG
    PIC_0354.JPG
    763.4 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
same but different:

It's funny how my words described your dish mount, but I was looking at something entirely different! - :confused:

Here's a picture that matches the ones I've seen and the one I have.
It was taken by Mike In Baja, Mexico.
Hard to see, but the silver hex-head is on a big bolt to the lower right of the mount, is what does the elevation adjust.
Zoom in on the picture to see better.

Not a big deal - the dish is still the same, and very nice.
Just amusing to find such different mounts being distributed.
Thanks so much for the way different picture! - :up

Your feedhorn is oval like Mikes. Mine is actually rectangular.

edit: Added a picture by NetBuilder (where has his site gone?) with a better view of the mount.

Attachments

• NetBuilder-2203907405_f324b11ff6.jpg
    NetBuilder-2203907405_f324b11ff6.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
It's funny how my words described your dish mount, but I was looking at something entirely different! - :confused:

Here's a picture that matches the ones I've seen and the one I have.
It was taken by Mike In Baja, Mexico.
Hard to see, but the silver hex-head is on a big bolt to the lower right of the mount, is what does the elevation adjust.
Zoom in on the picture to see better.

Not a big deal - the dish is still the same, and very nice.
Just amusing to find such different mounts being distributed.
Thanks so much for the way different picture! - :up

Your feedhorn is oval like Mikes. Mine is actually rectangular.

edit: Added a picture by NetBuilder (where has his site gone?) with a better view of the mount.
they are well put together . i was wondering if that piece mounted below the arm should i remove it?the transmitter to lighten the dish.im not sure what it would be good for around here as it seem a larger dish seems to be better.

Post#2.
unbolt the transmitter, cover the hole in the lnb waveguide with black tape or something to keep out moisture and bugs.

Couldn't he just cover the eye of the transmitter section,or do it use the same eye just wondering if I came across one?

Last edited:
Couldn't he just cover the eye of the transmitter section,or do it use the same eye just wondering if I came across one?

No need to cover - it doesn't work that way. Transmitter is only used with the modem. Real reason to pull off the transmitter is weight.

When you pull it off you will see a channel that leads up into the LNB. I covered that section with a piece of plastic and liquid nails to keep the moisture and debris out of the LNB assembly.

Dish works nicely, even on some fairly weak transponders - good find!

yes those dishes do work pretty good. Use to have one for a weaker signal that had adjacent satellite issues. The oblong dish rejected those to keep the signal stable

The reason you would want to take it off this particular dish is b/c you don't need it for FTA and to lose some weight. Those dishes are heavy and taking the transmitter off sheds a few pounds from your setup making it easier to work with. Also, you could probably sell the transmitter. I have a friend at work I gave the transmitter to b/c I had no use for it (the only reason I gave it to him was b/c I got the dish/LNB/transmitter for free so I wan't losing anything). I'm not sure how much they are worth though so you may or may not be able to get much for one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)