Direcway Dish For DN

Mattman71

Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Texas
I recently found a Direcway/Hughesnet dish in the garbage behind a local store. The dish itself is about 39"wX23"h. After an inspection, the lnb looks a bit corroded and has a little moisture inside. I removed the transmitter/lnb parts, and am going to set up my new dish

Not exactly high tech, but looks functional. My hope is to eliminate a little of the rain fade that I currently have with my Dish 1000 setup. Having never done this, I am curious about the type of lnbs that I should purchase that will actually work with this dish. Does anybody know if I can just buy universal lnbs like the Spitfire KU Elite, or do I need something DN specific?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
the dish 1000 will work better then that set up IMO. if you were to use it for one sat location you MAY see a little extra gain. that dish is tweeked for it's original application.
if you do want to try it you will need circular lnbs and depending on what switch you use propably dish pro lnb's with the covers removed to allow that type of mounting.

I agree with the mack

DBS does work on it for one satellite but its hard to get 3 on it properly due to to the focal point being off

Here is a pic I had with a DIrecPC dish (same type)....the gap between LNB's is huge

in the pic I had used it for free to air for 95 and put 2 LNB's for 91 & 82 for my (at the time) bell ExpressVu subscription but to get both 91 & 82 to work I had to put a dummy LNB in between (see pic).

I had done it at the time to combine 2 dishes into 1...I didnt gain any points

Attachments

• Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 133

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts