DirecWay Dish Good/Bad?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
I put an ad in a local paper looking for a C-band dish and had a lady call that said she had a DirecWay dish.....I know I've heard of some folks on here using one for FTA, is it worth the 45 minute drive for me to go pick it up or would it only be mediocre? I already have a 1.2m offset and a 30" offset. Neither one is motorised so I could perhaps throw this one up for some extra stuff through a diseqc switch.

With the gas prices, you'll have to decide if it is worth it. I would prob go for it, I have one of them, but not using it right now. It gets a pretty good signal on most satellites, had it set up on G10 for awhile (my very first ku-only dish) Did ok but rain washes out the picture fairly quick. The good part is the lnbf, it has the built-in h/v switching so no external switch is needed to get both polarities. Good for pointing at a single sat as an extra.
Mine is the white dish, called Direcway, the earlier ones I think were gray and the service was called DirecPC then.

some pix of DirectWay dish

I'm with TurboSat on getting that dish.
Personally, I'd go snag it for free.
You can always give it away later, if it doesn't work out for you.

One of our members, Netbuilder, has some pictures of his DirectWay, along with one of the smaller sizes of Primestar on his web site.
While he has it rigged up with multiple LNBs, note that they are all looking at very hot satellites, not regular FTA.
So, don't get too excited. :rolleyes:

No I don't know the dimensions........something about looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Perhaps if I have time I'll go for a drive and pick it up.
Thanks for the input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts