DiRT 722k OTA help- Losing Signal

wrxman

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Living in the Deep South and as a long time Dish customer that has to work storm trouble and leave loved ones behind I opted for the OTA to go along with my 722k VIP receiver. This way my family can stay up to date with local weather information via OTA when the heavy downpours kill the satellite feed. I purchased the OTA about a month ago along with a powered RCA indoor antenna to assist with the signals. Everything worked great when I hooked up the OTA. I picked up all the local stations plus a few that I didn't know existed. Fast forward to this morning, I noticed that I had lost all of the OTA channel's signal. As in, the receiver couldn't find them or tune to the channel. The antenna hadn't been moved, nothing had changed. This afternoon, I reset the DVR several times by both unplugging and the red reset button to no avail. The next thing I tried was to rule out the antenna being the culprit. I unhooked the antenna from the DVR and plugged it directly into the TV and performed a scan and what do you know, it found all of my channels again. My question is could I have an OTA that has gone bad? Any info would be appreciated.

Yep, sounds like a bad OTA module. Dish may replace it free. Or it IS possible the OTA interface in the receiver is bad, but that is unlikely.

Check all coax - but if it's the same coax to the module that you plugged into the TV, you've already done that.

Or you might consider a move to the Hopper system.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It is the same coax. The coax is integrated to the antenna on the antenna side as in I can't swap it out.

DIRT needs to be contacted, and should not be expected to monitor all the threads/post here. They are busy folks. Send them a a PM to address your problem. They are easy to find in the Staff box on the right of all Main page forums, in RED when available, as well as the Home page.

It's so easy when posters try to help themselves before even posting.... :bounce

Yeah, I have managed to kill 1 722k receiver and 2 Slingbox adapters. Plus if anyone could see the rats nest of cords and cables behind my entertainment center you would understand. I try everything first before I ask for help. When the easy/ cheap way doesn't work, then it's time for experts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts